Help am I doing this right

Options
I have been working out at the gym, swimming and excersise classes for two weeks eating aprox 1000-1200 calories per day but i havent loss a thing, i'm 188lb and need to get into a bridesmaids dress in april I ordered it a dress size smaller thank I am. Would love some advise on what im doing wrong thanks xx

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat... wedding in april and the bridesmaid dress was VERY TIGHT! Excersize.. i burn about 300-400 calories 4-5 times per week.
    Eat more!! You want to make sure to eat the 1500 or so calroies they give you almost every day if you can!
    WATCH SODIUM!! When I started watching sodium trying to keep it under what they tell you you should have every day... I just started dropping!
    As of today Im down 20 lbs! I started 2 months ago.
    Now, Im worried the dress is going to be to big because I am thinking I can lose another 15 before the wedding for sure!

Hope this helps!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah your calories are way too low. I would say you should be eating at the least between 1500 to 1800 calories if you are really exerting yourself.
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Eat more then 1200 cals! Around 1400-1500!
    Drink more water!
    Low sodium.
    Cardio exercises! Get the heart racing!

:)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    She (mmkruse) is totally right--you must eat 1200 or more calories each day. It would be 1200 plus the exercise calories each day. And do not drink carbonated beverages--very high in sodium, which holds too much water in your system.
    And, 3, use that exercise time to relax, chill, calm down. Lowering your stress level is a good way to release fat molecules.
    Drink lots of water to flush those fats away.

Have fun at the wedding! ;)
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Don't go by the numbers on the scale. Only the fancy ones can tell you the difference between fat and muscle.
    If you working out and gaining muscle you could still be loosing fat but your scale can't tell the differance so it looks like your hitting the wall in the weight loss department.
    Also it does look like your not getting enough calories expecially on workout days. You might find yourself getting tired or lethargic if you push yourself to the burn while not having enough food in you to actually burn up. You might even be burning the muscle your trying to gain build up. Building muscle is a good thing because muscle burns calories even while your resting.

My guess would be that the dress your needing to get into can be your best messure. Try getting into it once a week might tell you the best just how well your doing.

Well hope this helps and good luck.
    Brenda