My first day ... need to rant

Ok so as you all know I started this officially today. I've been trying to eat healthier and go out partying less (being at PSU it is incredibly hard to do) for awhile now but today I was officially to start actually counting calories. It started out good ... I woke up and did some crunches and leg lifts and things like that, ate a healthier lunch than usual ... and then ...

I came back to my dorm and checked to see if my second midterm grade for my communications class was up and it was. 68% and I have no clue how that happened. I studied so hard and knew everything on her review and came out of that test confident. Grr. That made me really made. I just wanted to binge. But I didn't. Then I went to pick up a package from the shuttle and it's a care package from my mom filled with candy and snacks. So ... I fell off on my first official day. I'm really disappointed in myself now.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow is better!

Wow I feel better now.

Replies

• PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Ok so as you all know I started this officially today. I've been trying to eat healthier and go out partying less (being at PSU it is incredibly hard to do) for awhile now but today I was officially to start actually counting calories. It started out good ... I woke up and did some crunches and leg lifts and things like that, ate a healthier lunch than usual ... and then ...

I came back to my dorm and checked to see if my second midterm grade for my communications class was up and it was. 68% and I have no clue how that happened. I studied so hard and knew everything on her review and came out of that test confident. Grr. That made me really made. I just wanted to binge. But I didn't. Then I went to pick up a package from the shuttle and it's a care package from my mom filled with candy and snacks. So ... I fell off on my first official day. I'm really disappointed in myself now.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow is better!

Wow I feel better now.
  • courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    :bigsmile: Hang in there it will get better and easier! Dont dwell what you did, just focus on how you can do better tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • I've been doing Body for Life and found this site just today to help me along the way. It's Halloween, I am a teacher, I have candy....and I ate a Twix bar. Don't worry, it happens to the most dedicated. Take it a day a a time, it will get easier.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Now see you didn’t do so badly. You all ready have the right idea and attitude…..tomorrow is another day and you are going to start new again. You already have made your mind up to do so. And guess what….I just bet tomorrow you will have a much better day.
    You and I share something. You and I are anger eaters. I am so mad right now I could bit nails. No one here at home or in my neighborhood has done anything to me. It is something that I just found in my Netflix account. Almost ALL of the movies in my queue say there will be a short wait. I get a better selection and availability at the local video store. I dumped my queue. I am seriously thinking about canceling my subscription. They can bit me if they think they are going to decide for me what I will watch and when. gggrrrrrr……OK....I'm venting too LOL
    Any way….my point is….you will have a better day tomorrow. We have bad days and we have bumpy starts sometimes too. But you get through the tough times and you will win this battle. Just hang in there…..pick yourself up…dust yourself off…..and start all over again tomorrow.
    We are here for you! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • see, isn't this place wonderful:tongue:
    beautifulgoodbye3...you are actually off to a good start...you are being honest with yourself.
    it would be easy to continue bingeing, wouldn't it...but you know you want to work at this hard enough that you are willing to start over again tomorrow. That shows determination girl.

Emotional eating is tough, i know, i do it myself. i see a councellor for it and she has me doing this book that i find is really helpfull. Im finding that the thing to do is change the way your mind thinks. I know, like that is the easy way of doing things, right? lol
    Mostly it is letting go of the things that really are not as big a deal as we think they are. It is also realizing that what is done is done, we cannot change it, but we can learn to do better.

Food used to be my best friend, my constant companion, never judging, never failing me. I had to wrap my brain around the idea that food is not that at all. It is not a living breathing thing. Food is fuel. Consequently that has become my mantra. There are many other ways to deal with stress, you can easily substitue what works for you.
    Maybe tell your mom to send you healty snacks, or a membership to a health club or something. I joined Curves and found it a wonderfully upbeat and positive atmosphere to be in.
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Glad you were honest on your first day!
    I eat "at people" and "at things" a lot. One of the hardest things for me to do was to tell my family and friends not to bring chips and tempting treats into my house. If it's there...I will eat it. I can't afford the extra calories. It has worked for the most part. My father takes my daughter often and brings her home with a bag of potato chips (of which I almost always eat). Maybe you can ask your mom to send you some sugar-free candy?
    Thank you for sharing!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Does it take long to get packages to you where you go to school? Maybe Mom could send apples as they are good for you and keep well.:smile: I know it's extremely hard when you are away at school as I have a daughter who is a senior and she hasn't been watching her weight well because she is so busy trying to get all her work done and work on the side. When I send her a care package I make sure it has good food that keeps in it. Dried fruit works well too and travels well. Please continue to try and know there are people out here who care and will talk with you. :flowerforyou:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Thanks guys. I love this site already. lol. It's always good to know there are people in this with me. And kjllose that's a great idea. It actually doesn't take long at all because my mom sends it up on the shuttle that runs between her work and my school 4x a day. Thanks everyone!