Happy to be OVERWEIGHT!

Options
This has been a great week! Ever since the New Year it seems like people compliment me and tell me how great I look everywhere I go - and the compliments are needed and appreciated as this has been a long and hard journey for me.

I started MFP in July 2010 and have slooooowly lost 21 pounds. I have 30 to go but it finally feels like I can get there.

Now, as for this morning: For anyone who has not used or weighed in on Wii Fit it can be kind of discouraging. If your BMI is >30 the scale goes wayyy up to the top, plays this awful little tune (it sounds like a TUBA!) and a voice says "That's obese!!!". It makes you feel like ****. WELL, this morning it finally told me "That's overweight!!!".

I'm so happy to be overweight. My BMI is 29.97, and I will never be obese again.

Replies

• carolinegeorgia
    Options
    haha turn the volume down! well done ;-)
  • jukiemookie
    Options
    BRAVO!!! :happy:
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    that's huge! great job!
  • PurpleJellyean
    PurpleJellyean Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! :)
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    Awesome to hear!
  • chuckm403
    chuckm403 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All your hard work is paying off. Keep going!!!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Don't you love how they make your mii all chunky? WiiFit is mean! lol But I love mine. :blushing: Congrats on the progress!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!

Oh I hated the delay to be told I am overweight. I havent used my wii fit in about two months. I need to get myself motivated. Fortunately, I have been able to maintain my weight without much exercise while going through the typical winter depression I always go through.

I am glad for you and your story is inspirational!
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Thanks everyone. And yes... the chunky mii is ridiculous!
  • ana82
    ana82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    That is great !

On the wii fit when I get on it to be measured it seems to make a noise like a groan - almost if it is saying "not you again - my back hurts from the last time you were on me"

Any one else notice this or am I just a little too sensitive to the noises my electronic game plays !
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job Sammie,
    I too made it out of the Obese category and slid into "overweight" Let's keep going till we are in the normal range!

Ed
  • j5e5n85
    Options
    mine tells me im obese too but im 30.6 i was 31.6 so i went down 1 whole bmi i have about 30 lbs left to loose too.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That is great !

On the wii fit when I get on it to be measured it seems to make a noise like a groan - almost if it is saying "not you again - my back hurts from the last time you were on me"

Any one else notice this or am I just a little too sensitive to the noises my electronic game plays !

My husband said the same thing. I told him that it does the same for me at 150, so I'm hoping it does it for everyone! I find it more of an "oohh" instead of a "uggg".
  • rjulian20
    Options
    that's so great!!! i'm still in that upper category with my chunky mii but slowly making progress. does anyone else feel like their "normal" range would be too skinny? my GWL is 40 lbs & i feel much more than that would be way too much but i'll still be in the overweight category.
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Awesome! Im happy for you that's great...I checked my BMI this morning Im literally 1lbs from leaving the Obese side to overweight! LOL its like the scale is taunting me...oh well Im determined!
  • JoanHolly
    JoanHolly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thats great keep up the good work
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    The chunky mii is annoying. My kids said "Why'd they make yours bigger mom?"
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Congrats! What a wonderful feeling it is, to know all of your hard work is paying off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!