what the WHAT?

Options
HELLOOOOO! I need a little help understanding "water weight". Please forgive my ignorance...but, are we talking weight LOST by drinking more water? or are we talking general weight LOST during your first few weeks of eating clean? any help would be great. I am hearing a lot of people talk about this, but I'm not clear as to what they are referring to.

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Water weight is the extra water your body clings to when you have high sodium levels, your muscles can store water for repair if you work out hard, etc. So, lots of times if you're holding onto a lot of water b/c of sodium when you start eating better and you lose a lot of weight that first week or so, its your body letting go of that water. Drinking extra water does help to flush everything out!
  • lakewoodloser
    Options
    70% of your body weight is water. This part of your weight will increase and decrease according to many factors. Calorie restriction will reduce it temporarily. Too much eating or too much salt will increase it temporarily. (This on the order of five pounds or so). This is why you lose fast at first, and why you wake up a few pounds heavier after a big eating night :)