Anyone up for a 5k??

dgilner
dgilner Posts: 120 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I just wanted to invite anyone who was interested to register for a 5k I am organizing in memory of my sons. I realize that many of you may not live in the area, but perhaps you could find a local race the same day and run one at the same time. I have been working really hard to get this organized - and it has been overwhelming and healing and hopeful all at the same time. This race is not just in memory of my two sons - but in memory of all angel babies who went to heaven too soon. Many of us mourning parents would do anything to hold them one more time. This is just one way to keep their memories alive. This one is for you boys!!

http://www.active.com/running/olathe-ks/maguire-gilner-angel-day-5k-run-2011

I am looking for runners, volunteers & sponsors - please help me get the word out!! I also have a facebook page dedicated to the run: Maguire Gilner Angel Day 5K Run

A little history....my husband and I have suffered three miscarriages 2002, 2004, & 2006. All were equally devastating and difficult to recover from.
Also In 2006 our little 8 month old perfectly healthy baby boy (Maguire Davis) died unexpectantly in an accident. It was the worst day of my life. Of course my life has never been the same. I'd do anything to hear his laughter one more time. To hold his hand, to kiss his face, and to breathe in his scent. I miss him every hour of every day.
In 2009 at a routine doctors appointment during my pregnancy - 25 weeks into the pregnancy - the doctor could not find a heartbeat. I had lost another little boy (Titus Wiley). After 48 hours of delivery - I held a little boy on my chest who never took a breath on earth. My world crumbled again.
This is my motivation - this is the reason for the race - this is why I walk around with half of a heart.

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'm so sorry those things happened to you. I don't even want to think about how hard that must have been for you and your family. This is a wonderful thing you are doing and I wish I could participate, however I live in Michigan :( Good luck to you, I hope you get a great response!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    I hope I can be there! I'm going to Philmont Boy Scout Camp this summer to be a Medic (exciting, right??). I'm not sure when I'm leaving, but I would love to be there if I can!
This discussion has been closed.