20 pounds overweight.

Options
Good Morning,
I am new to fitnesspal. At this present moment I am at my highest weight ever and it has taken a toll on me. I am a Christian and very motivated in all endeavors in life including becoming healthy. However, due to limited time to work out I feel very self conscious of my weight and its on my mind all the time. I joined to learn how to eat healthier due to not being able to lose the pounds by working out. I weight 196 and normal weight average is 175. I have gain weight after having three kids with the youngest being 10 months. I really need a spiritual minded support person to help me get through this and make better eating choices. Please respond if you think you may be able to help me during this process. I have lots more to share.

Replies

• Bub3les0
    Options
    Hi! Good for you, I'm sure you will do great. When I read your post I thought I was reading something I would write, except my youngest is turning four and I'm still carrying my "Baby weight". I just started in January and the hardest part is all the goodies in the staffroom of the school I work in. Anyhow keep it up, there are good days and bad, but it will be worth it :D
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Sprituality is a huge part of this. God wants us to be healthy and happy and he wants you to lose that little 20lbs, I will be easy. Let me just tell you that I used to go to the gym all the time, I practically lived there. Now I work out about 20 mins three times a week that is all and I have had so much more success because I watch what I eat! Food and portion control is a huge part of this. I have totally relearned how to cook fast, easy meals that are low cal and filling. I have learned not to starve myself then binge eat at the end of the day because I am ravished from working out. I have learned so much I do not know where to start! Also devotional time is a huge part of this too. Just spending time with God, reading your bible and praying for guidance. My profile says I lost 20 some pounds but I have really lost 45 I did not tell the truth when I first started because I was embarrased about my weight now I wish I would have so people would know how much I really lost. But I have gained so much, a better understanding of God and what he wants for me, a healthier body and also it has helped me at work. I am more focused and believe in myself more than ever before! I hope some of this helps you. Feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou:
  • ksteele3852
    Options
    You will do great. all things all possible with the help from God and good friends. I might not becoming from where you are, I don't have kids. But I have weighed in the upper 200's and then 190's for years. Just watching what you eat, and doing a few minutes of excerise and you will shed the weight. The spiritual side will take over from there. :)

Just keep up the good work.