Logging My Move

So, I'm moving, today and tomorrow. Most of my stuff is in a storage unit 100mi away, but I do have some stuff here in town. This is what today's move is going to involve. I'll be going back and forth shuttling some general stuff for about 2 or 3 miles to my new apartment, unpacking it, lots of stairs will be involved. It's stuff like my chest of drawers, the drawers themselves, a few boxes of food and spices, some clothes... In other words, nothing too terribly heavy.

The thing is, I do want to log this, but I'm not sure how. If it takes, say, 2 hours, I hate to log the entire 2 hours just because a significant portion of it is going to involve me sitting on my butt in the car driving back and forth. Then there will be intermittent bursts of hauling crap down 3 flights and then up 1 flight. Logging tomorrow won't be too bad because it will be one long trip with one burst of packing and one burst of unpacking.

So, aside from carting around a little notepad and recording the actual minutes I'm moving stuff around, anyone got any good ideas on a simple formula to calculate this based on overall time? For instance, when I go grocery shopping I log total time / 2 @ 2mph. It's a lot of walk stop walk stop so I only claim half of the time. If anyone has any ideas and/or would like to share how you logged your own move, insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    I think you should read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/activities-to-log-or-not-to-log-57883

It sounds like you are overthinking this a little.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    So, I'm moving, today and tomorrow. Most of my stuff is in a storage unit 100mi away, but I do have some stuff here in town. This is what today's move is going to involve. I'll be going back and forth shuttling some general stuff for about 2 or 3 miles to my new apartment, unpacking it, lots of stairs will be involved. It's stuff like my chest of drawers, the drawers themselves, a few boxes of food and spices, some clothes... In other words, nothing too terribly heavy.

The thing is, I do want to log this, but I'm not sure how. If it takes, say, 2 hours, I hate to log the entire 2 hours just because a significant portion of it is going to involve me sitting on my butt in the car driving back and forth. Then there will be intermittent bursts of hauling crap down 3 flights and then up 1 flight. Logging tomorrow won't be too bad because it will be one long trip with one burst of packing and one burst of unpacking.

So, aside from carting around a little notepad and recording the actual minutes I'm moving stuff around, anyone got any good ideas on a simple formula to calculate this based on overall time? For instance, when I go grocery shopping I log total time / 2 @ 2mph. It's a lot of walk stop walk stop so I only claim half of the time. If anyone has any ideas and/or would like to share how you logged your own move, insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

You log grocery shopping? thats a little much I think, I stay under calories and the extra stuff I do that I don't log I just consider it that extra something to boost my weight loss
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Never mind. Thank you for your replies.