Is my scale lying?

Options
So I am on my second week (and as I write this I realize I should probably wait a bit) but my first week I lost 7 lbs and this week it seems I have put on 2.5 back... did my scale lie to me last week or am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The 1st week was water weight lossed. You can be retaining water this week due to hormones, sodium or diet change.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    It can also depend on when you weigh yourself. Our weight fluctuates through the day. What you weigh in the morning will be different than what you weigh in the evening.

I weigh myself on Saturday mornings when I wake up but after I go to the bathroom.
  • homemom3
    Options
    Mine jumped up this week and then back down to what it was Tuesday now it is stuck at the number. Glad someone explained it. Thank you.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm going through as well but there's a .5 difference from last week. I was told that my body is holding onto water especially if you're working out a lot. I was told to relax the day before my weigh in and eat really healthy that day and it should go away.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    totally normal for your weight to bounce around.

LIke previous users mentioned. Weigh in at the same time and try to avoid a daily weigh in (I know its hard)

I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I use the washroom. That's when I see my lowest number.
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    that happened to me too I lost 9 lb the first week(granted I was on my period when weighed in) and the next week I gained 2 of it back. A few days later the 2 lb came off again. It's just water weight I think.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    might be muscle gained
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    might be muscle gained
  • xboomerx
    xboomerx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It is more than likely just some retained water. I weigh myself the the morning after my first workout day following the weekend (I don't usually work out on the weekend). This gives me a chance to recover from any weekend cheating and allows me to shed some water weight through sweat and diet so I can get an fairly accurate measurement. You may also want to measure with a tailors tape MFP has a spot to log this info - water weight comes off quickly at first and then fluctuates but inches lost are a good indicator that what your doing is working.