New DVD search... yoga? ?

Denziee
Denziee Posts: 523 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Some mornings I want to get out of bed and workout but am not feeling a cardio or bounce about the living room workout. Its too dark in the mornings for me to run at the moment.

This morning I would have got out of bed for a stretch! I am really after a good (beginners) yoga dvd, something thats going to work me hard but is good on a friday to work the aches and pains of the workout week away.

I want something Stretchy!!!! Can anyone help!?!

This is my current collection....
Davina (McCall - Uk TV presenter for all the worldwide crew that have no idea how annoying she is!!) - all her DVDs
Nell McAndrew Ultimate Fitness
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
10 minute solutions knockout body workout
10 minute solutions 5 day fat burn (or something like that)
Charlie Brooks (British actress - naff DVD)
Hotpants (on VHS
Geri Body Yoga (Geri Halliwell... quite good but not broken into sections so I either have to do the whole 50 minutes or dip out half way through and I HATE THAT!)

HELP PLEASE?! xxxxx

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I have Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown and love it. It is stretchy for me, but its also a workout. It's only about a half hour and its effective, much like her other stuff, but with a bit more stretches and yoga stuff. Anyway, it might be something to look into if you like her other stuff.
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    I recently got the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and I really like it. It has a 20 minute segment, a 15 minute segment, and a 10 minute strength segment plus a warm-up and cool down. Bob does the whole DVD and makes it easy to follow along. I'm with you - usually by Friday I want to do something but not the crazy jumping around of the rest of the week. Good luck finding one you really like. :smile:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/STORE/p-2689-10-pound-slimdown-dvd.aspx

I do the yoga workout via comcast ondemand
    I havent seen the rest....
    but I really liked the yoga workout!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 523 Member

what on earth is comcast on demand?? is it an american thing? (I'm from the UK and am after an actual DVD to hold in my hand .... I'm traditional like that!!)

Thanks for all your suggestions I'll get researching :-) xx
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    I also have BL weightloss yoga. I know that some people have commented that it is not really "authentic" yoga, but I like it a lot. It is a change of pace, and I still feel like I am accomplishing something.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member

what on earth is comcast on demand?? is it an american thing? (I'm from the UK and am after an actual DVD to hold in my hand .... I'm traditional like that!!)

Thanks for all your suggestions I'll get researching :-) xx
    lol sorry!
    yea its an american thing, maybe even only some states I dont know.
    The cable provider has a channel to watch things for free at your leisure.
    Movies, tv, workouts, music videos, kids shows, even screen saver type things...
    its where i get most of my workouts.
  • My husband and I got the YRG DVD about a year ago and I really like it. YRG means Yoga for Regular Guys, and was created by Diamond Dallas Page (the former wrestler.) I like it because his modifications on the yoga poses make it easier for a chubby girl like me to contort myself like I am supposed to without falling on my face, yet it is one heck of a cardio workout.

When I first started doing the DVD, I was really inflexible. Now I can touch my toes with straight knees and I happen to be very proud of that :) I think his DVD really made it so that I could finally enjoy a super low impact cardio workout using my own body as resistance.

I normally go between Wii Fit and YRG to maintain my flexibility. I just went to the YRG website and it looks like they've updated their page to have a variety of DVDs, but the one I have is called something like the YRG Fatburner Workout and from warm up to cool down it is about 45 minutes.

Good luck with your search!
This discussion has been closed.