Starting now!

Options
Hi all,

I just joined MFP last night, after gaining back thirteen of the 35 pounds I'd lost after baby number two! I couldn't believe I had let the holidays and vacations get the the way of the success I'd had only a few months ago. So, I bought an iPod shuffle today to jog/dance to, joined MFP and am jotting down everything I eat.

I really got to thinking about what/how/why I ate when I read a very small book, 'The Diet Alternative', which I can't rave enough about. (No, I'm not being paid to promote it or anything. It's an old book, but I highly recommend you guys reading it, especially if you are a Christ-follower.) Anyway, that book really kick-started me into high gear, along with prayer and fasting, but I've let my busy, lazy days lead me to snacking and loafing and after I got on the scales last night and saw that I had climbed again, I wanted to cry.

So here I am, introducing myself. My reward for losing thirty pounds will be dying my hair red. I was supposed to do it tomorrow, but I decided that I didn't want to be chubby with new, sexy hair. I want to be healthy with red, sexy hair. ;)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the road ahead.

Got any good workout song recommendations? ;)

Replies

• mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome redandthin. I love your goal gift to yourself. I will have to see if I can find the book you mentioned. It does sound interesting. I am also trying to lose the baby weight from my second. He is 13 months, so I have really been slacking. :laugh: I don't have any workout song suggestions for you. I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred DVD. Good luck on this journey to a happy, healthy you. :smile:
  • redandthin
    Options
    Thanks! Is your name Heather? My name is Heather. :) We have two young daughters, but want more children soon and I can't, CAN'T get prego again at this weight. It would just be the end.... THAT is actually my biggest goal. :) We can do it. :)
  • kenny48
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck. Ken from the TarHeel State ,
  • mpatternmaker
    mpatternmaker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello, my baby is almost 8 & I'm still trying to lose the weight :-(......... I did the same thing you did, I lost about 20 lbs last year and from october thru december I wasn't paying attention, I was indulging waaaay too much and let about half of it creep back up on me. New Years was the new beginning for me again, I'm back with more resolve to do it again. My gift to myself will be a new bikini for the summer. I like your red hair idea! Keep your enthusiasm & motivation up, feel free to friend me if you need some more support.
    Good luck,
    Melissa
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet aother Heather. :smile: I have a 9 year old daughter from a previous marriage and a 13 month old son with my amazing new husband. I found myself being very lazy this past year while being home with the kids. My husband is in Iraq right now and my motivation/kick in the a** is the fact he may be home in 2 months. I want this extra weight gone before he comes home. I had RNY gastric bypass almost 7 years ago and I met my husband at 143 lbs. The only time he has seen me heavy was during my pregnancy. I don't really want him to see how bad I have gotten in the year he has been gone. I know he loves me for who I am and not what the scale says, but in my mind/ego, I want to be back to where I was when we first met. Plus if we decide to have another baby, I want this weight GONE first.

Good luck and WE CAN DO IT!!!