Take the weekend off?

Fgillies
Fgillies Posts: 194
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys, so the weekend is fast approaching, and I have a question, I have worked out monday-thursday, and am going right after work tonight as well,which would be 5 days this week, I have a jam packed schedule this weekend and altho i will be very concious of what's going in my mouth i'm worried about the working out part! Do you think it will be detramental (spell check?) to take saturday and sunday off of a strong work out? I know there is much discussion about how many days to work out, i'm just afraid b/c ive been doing so well all week, that these 2 days will ruin all my work?!

any feedback?

Much Appreciated :)

Replies

• I get what you are saying for sure...I've been doing really good, too, and I feel like if I take any time off I'm letting myself down. But, that's not true...you just have to make sure you stay with it next week. I'm not sure what you are doing this weekend, but maybe if it's shopping, park in one of the farthest parking spaces, or take the stairs instead of an elevator...just adjust simple activities like that and at least some of the calories will be burned. And maybe next week, work out an extra 5 or 10 minutes per day...I don't know the science behind how many days you can take off, but if stuff like that makes you feel better about taking the weekend off, then that's what matters. Don't be discouraged! :-)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    i'm just afraid b/c ive been doing so well all week, that these 2 days will ruin all my work?!

any feedback?

Don't be.

Lets go right back to basics. To lose weight you have to create a calorie deficit. You can do that through:

a) Diet only
    b) A combination of exercise & diet
    c) Exercise alone

Option B is generally considered to be the best. However, you can do it by option A as well. As long as you have created an overall deficit over the week, no matter how you have done it in the final analysis, you will be just fine.

Take the weekend off from exercising. It won't hurt your progress at all. In fact it might improve it by allowing your body adequate rest time, taking the pressure off so you will stick to your routine for longer. Obviously keep your diet in check over the weekend though.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    I have been doing great with eating and exercise the past month and have pretty much taken every weekend off and lost about 10 pounds!

I don't think it'll hurt you at all as long as you go right back to exercising on Monday. :flowerforyou: Don't let 2 days turn into a week or more!
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    OKay thanks for the support, I am so determined this time, and I think just the idea of NOT doing it scares me a little. We are going to a comedy show tomorrow night so not much activity, but i do believe we may go dancing afterwards, so i suppose that could be counted as working out a bit as well!!! :) Thanks so much
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    i'm just afraid b/c ive been doing so well all week, that these 2 days will ruin all my work?!

any feedback?

Don't be.

Lets go right back to basics. To lose weight you have to create a calorie deficit. You can do that through:

a) Diet only
    b) A combination of exercise & diet
    c) Exercise alone

Option B is generally considered to be the best. However, you can do it by option A as well. As long as you have created an overall deficit over the week, no matter how you have done it in the final analysis, you will be just fine.

Take the weekend off from exercising. It won't hurt your progress at all. In fact it might improve it by allowing your body adequate rest time, taking the pressure off so you will stick to your routine for longer. Obviously keep your diet in check over the weekend though.

Yep! Excellent advice!
This discussion has been closed.