Question for the woman who have completed p90x

RunConquerCelebrate
RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So I am on my last month of p90x so far I have lost 12lbs so it made me wonder what was the total weight loss for other woman who have completed the p90x program. I am looking for your total weight loss after the first 90 days. So below are my questions

Did you follow the diet plan?

Did you only use MFP to count calories?

Did you work out all 6 days or just a couple of days?

Did you do other exercises in between or just p90x?

I am just curious I know we are all different and some are going to loose faster than others.

BTW: I know that guys loose weight faster than woman do and I hate you for that LOL!!! but feel free to reply back if you like :laugh:

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    I just completed DAY 38 of P90, and lost 9 lbs to date...P90X is my next workout to do, in March when P90 is done. I'm on a strict diet, and do the full 6 days of workout...I don't do any other exercise except for P90. I'm lovin' my results so far.
    Excellent work on the weight you lost so far - keep pushin' play...Everyone is different, don't forget gainin' muscle causes weight gain. Sounds like you're doin' awesome P90X is not a walk in the park :) ...I'm dreadin' to do Ab Ripper X ;) My Husband did that last summer, and I joined in before he hurt his shoulder....xo
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Bumping this topic so I can follow it :-)
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Did you follow the diet plan? YES - the portion approach

Did you only use MFP to count calories? NO - didn't have to following the portion approach. Just had to weigh/measure food.

Did you work out all 6 days or just a couple of days? Most weeks I did 6 days per week. I did the Lean version first. If I missed a day, I just did that workout the next day. In other words, I never completely SKIPPED a workout. It took me about 100 days to get thru the 90 day program.

Did you do other exercises in between or just p90x? NO, just P90X.

Here's my video update, with my weight loss and pics:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elaine-Katko-Fitness/176721355672252?v=app_2392950137&ref=ts#!/video/video.php?v=1718259164740

Take care!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member

Did you only use MFP to count calories? NO - didn't have to following the portion approach. Just had to weigh/measure food.

Did you work out all 6 days or just a couple of days? Most weeks I did 6 days per week. I did the Lean version first. If I missed a day, I just did that workout the next day. In other words, I never completely SKIPPED a workout. It took me about 100 days to get thru the 90 day program.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elaine-Katko-Fitness/176721355672252?v=app_2392950137&ref=ts#!/video/video.php?v=1718259164740

Take care!

OMG!!! your results are AMAZING!!!! thanks for sharing. I heard people talk about the portion control I just cannot seem to find it in my documentation where is it at?

I have to try insanity when I am done with p90x, you have no idea how watching your video and your results motivate me more to keep going. I want to have a killer body like that and be a sexy mommy LOL!!!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    I completed a round of P90X in early 2010 and lost 10 pounds. I'm a bit "meh" about their recommended meal plan - I started to put weight on in the last 30 days (carb-heavy phase) and was pretty jerked about that. However, I REALLY gained some strength. Went from being able to do 0 pull-ups to being able to do 5 pull-ups. Awesome. Doubled the number of push-ups I could do, too.

Did you follow the diet plan? Yes - by macronutrient ratio. I didn't follow their meal plans to a "T" - ingredients were too hard to come by.

Did you only use MFP to count calories? Nope, used my iPhone "Lose It" app.

Did you work out all 6 days or just a couple of days? All 6, though I substituted a shorter yoga DVD for Yoga X.

Did you do other exercises in between or just p90x? I walked 4-5 days/week for one hour / walk.

And now...

I'm on day 5 of a new round of P90X and throwing their diet plan out the window. I'm also combining it with running as I'm training for a half marathon in April. We'll see how it goes. I'm sore as hell!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member

Take care!

OMG!!! your results are AMAZING!!!! thanks for sharing. I heard people talk about the portion control I just cannot seem to find it in my documentation where is it at?

I have to try insanity when I am done with p90x, you have no idea how watching your video and your results motivate me more to keep going. I want to have a killer body like that and be a sexy mommy LOL!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Here is my note about following the portion approach - let me know if you can't access it or if you have questions about it. :-)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/note.php?note_id=162414723802082
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    So I am on my last month of p90x so far I have lost 12lbs so it made me wonder what was the total weight loss for other woman who have completed the p90x program. I am looking for your total weight loss after the first 90 days. So below are my questions

Did you follow the diet plan?

Did you only use MFP to count calories?

Did you work out all 6 days or just a couple of days?

Did you do other exercises in between or just p90x?

I am just curious I know we are all different and some are going to loose faster than others.

BTW: I know that guys loose weight faster than woman do and I hate you for that LOL!!! but feel free to reply back if you like :laugh:

In my first 90 day round of P90X (I did the Lean rotation in my first round because I was SO out of shape and overweight), I lost a total of 19 pounds and a gazillion inches. I lost another 9 in my 2nd round and 4 in my 3rd round of P90X+.

I followed the nutrition plan to the T in the first 60 days. I followed the portion plan in the guidebook...stayed at phase 2 nutrition for the final 30 days rather than upping the carbs to phrase 3 nutrition. In subsequent rounds, my nutrition was not as spot on.

I did not use MFP in my first round at all. I used the portion plan in the guidebook. IF I had been logging my food in MFP, though, I would have learned that even though I was following the portion plan, I was at a fairly large calorie deficit most days.

I worked out 7 days per week for 13 weeks. On my rest day, I always did Xstretch. I stayed injury free, so I did not miss a single workout.

I also walked my dogs 5 days per week (hence the calorie deficit even though I was following the meal plan).

My day #1 picture is in my profile. It's the one on the far right where it looks like I swallowed an inner tube! : )
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Did you follow the diet plan? Nope

Did you only use MFP to count calories? Yes

Did you work out all 6 days or just a couple of days? 6 Days

Did you do other exercises in between or just p90x? Yes, I would do 40 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. I took 1 full day off. I started at 162 and now am 145. I have 2 weeks to go on P90X ... I am going to say though that I am not losing ANY MORE weight per week then when I wasn't doing P90X. It's not a weight loss program nor is it designed to be so I didn't expect some miracle jump in my weight loss over 12 weeks. I did expect that it would tone me up and help me develop muscles and shed fat and it HAS done this for me. I will post a thread with pictures in the first week of February when I am done :)
This discussion has been closed.