Add me! Needing a kick !

Options
I am not new to the diet thing, and need lots of help, going to give the online thing a try, i tried ww but not doing good with it at all, to much to keep up with or maybe just to lazy. I have been reading a lot on different diets. I am just trying to find the one for me. I really need some input on what is working for everyone. I think i may have found the one for me! I hope everyone is having a great day. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Pullwench
    Options
    My problem has always been portion size. Due to my many food allergies, I am very limited to the foods that I can eat. So my diet tends to be quite high in protein (over almost everyday). But so long as I control my portion sizes, then things tend to work out.

The other thing is to get/stay active. Even if it is going for a walk with someone. Try to walk at a moderate pace and for atleast 20-30 minutes. This should burn about 155 calories (20 minutes). It seems small at first, but when you add them up over the course of a month, they really start to sink in.

Go ahead and add me if you like.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think the problem with me has been seeing it as a "diet" and not an actual lifestyle change. It makes it tougher when you're just looking to lose weight - not in it for the long haul and to be healthier. Try to just focus on being healthier to feel better and not so much on the lbs coming off. It's easier to eat healthier when you think about how you're giving your body the nutrition it needs and lowering your risk of health ailments such as diabetes, etc.

My best advice on a "diet" - start slow and work on making your normal meals healthier first. For example, you want tacos for dinner, try using ground turkey instead of ground beef, using less cheese or none at all, nonfat sour cream, whole beans instead of lard-filled refried beans, add more veggies than normal, etc. It's easier to adjust to eating healthier by starting slow. Every time I go gung-ho and completely change my diet from fatty foods to eating salads every day and cutting out junk food 100%, it lasts for a couple of weeks then I go straight back to eating unhealthy and gain the weight back.

Good luck!