Should I rest today?

Simonscat
Simonscat Posts: 249
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey.
I was wondering whether I should take a rest day. Yesterday I was at the gym and walked 4 miles back home.
Today I went on a 4 mile walk also.
Should I go for a run!? My muscles are hurting, especially under my ribs. Or should I go for another 4 mile walk after dinner?

I'm scared incase I push myself too hard, i will end up hurting my left knee again =\

Replies

• Yes by all means!

Take a rest give your body time to repair...infact its highly advisable! C
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    If you already walked 4 miles today, I'd take the rest of the day as a rest day to give your muscles a chance to feel better.
  • nightbird1103
    nightbird1103 Posts: 34 Member
    If you're asking that question, the answer is probably yes. It's better to take a day off than to risk injury and force yourself to be sidelined indefinitely. I know it's hard with the resolutions looming over our heads, but your body needs rest to heal in order to successfully take on the next challenge.
    Take it easy and drink lots of water. Pick up where you left off tomorrow.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    It's great that you have such motivation, I personally think you should rest. You wouldn't want to get hurt since you are doing do well
  • urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Sit back and relax the rest of the day! You've already done so much more than a lot of us lol. Personally, I'd like to see you well rested and rearing to go tomorrow rather than injured and on the couch for the next couple of days! Give yourself a break!
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    I know when I don't let my body take a rest when I am sore my next workout might not be so good. Give yourself a break, rest and relax. No exericse for a complete day, nothing wrong with that. I learned last year when training in January for my first Triathlon and was training EVERY day, I was overtraining and my muscles were not recovering from day to day. I give myself at least 2 days off each week.
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Thank you so much.
    I just feel really guilty if I don't do anything.
    I shall rest. Think I'll take a full rest tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.