How many days a week do you workout?

Options
Just curious if you give yourself any days of rest? My goal is to work out five days and rest for two. What do you do?

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    I workout everyday.. Monday thru Sunday. However on Sunday which is supposed to be my rest day.. I usually just go on my elliptical. I feel guilty and lazy if I don't do something everyday lol. I am addicted =)
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My plan is to workout 7 days a week for 60 minutes. If I am really tired on 1 day, I will give myself 1 day off, but no more than that.
  • CobraBubbles
    Options
    I go by how my body feels. There is nothing wrong with taking a day or two or three of rest if your body is calling out for it! Typically, when I'm feeling tip-top (which luckily is most of the time!), I workout 5-6 days per week. Rest is where 'the magic happens'. :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I tend to workout 4to 5 days per week. Your body does most of its recovery and muscle growth during a recovery (rest) period.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Everyday, I run 4-5 days and on off days I walk.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I workout monday through friday, I work on the weekends and with my anemia and epilepsy I should rest when I work, but I do stretches and walk around the house throughout the day, but nothing strenuous.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week Sat or Sunday is usually my rest day. Right now my schedule is 5 AM swim laps and cycle 20 min on MWF TTH Its 35-40 Min of 16MPH or faster cycling followed by 8 incline or higher Treadmill run at 10min pace or Stairs and Cals for 15 min.

On Sat I do an Early AM Spin class sometimes 2 classes. I also do Pushups, Crunches, and Planks at home every other night regardless of rest day.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I try to go to the gym 6-7 times a week so almost everyday. If I feel overly tired then I'll take a day off. I don't take two days off in a row because it's hard to get back into the routine. I go before work M-F and then Sat/Sun mornings. If I don't work out first thing in the morning I'll talk myself out of going even though I love it!
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I "TRY" to workout 6 days a week with 1 day off and hr each day sometimes more than an hr.............but sometimes u just need and extra day! :) do what works for u and ur body!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 300 minutes per exercise per week right now. I am exceeding that by a bit, and usually do 6 days of work outs with one day off. And I am generally trying for three harder work out days and three lighter days so my muscles have time to repair.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    idoan hours walk to and fromdropping my daughter to school but i really dont see that as a sweat high cardio burn so i try and fit another 20 mins or so in everyday weekends are worst for me cos i have lil one at home
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    idoan hours walk to and from dropping my daughter to school but i really dont see that as a sweat high cardio burn so i try and fit another 20 mins or so in everyday weekends are worst for me cos i have lil one at home
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I'm working out 6 days a week right now. 5 days of Jillian Michaels DVDs so some days a lot of cardio, some days more strength training. I walk on Saturdays and take Sunday off.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I workout at least 6 days a week. But I also alternate my days - MWF are High Impact days with kickboxing, kettlebells, or whatever Jillian DVD I picked for the day. The other days are mainly walking or the elliptical.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I workout Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and I take Wednesday and Sunday off.. Works for me :-)
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I go mon thru sat and take off sunday.
  • imom2kne
    Options
    :drinker:
    I aim for 6 days a week, usually taking off Saturday or Sunday. I think your plan is a good one. Good luck!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I work out Monday through Saturday, too. I do Weight Training (right now the shred) Mon, Wed, Fri, and Cardio on Tue, Thur, and Sat.
  • I work out 6 days a week. I do P90X 6 days a week (rest on Friday) and an hour long spin class Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings
  • rawfitness
    rawfitness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Four days per week.