Subway

Options

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I get a footlong veggie on wheat. With mayo and cheese, it's about 600 calories. I pile on spinach and green peppers and cucumbers and onions and tomatoes and pickles. I have to be careful with my sodium on a Subway day, but not so much my calories.

Good luck!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    FYI on their whole grain bread:

http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-subways-new-9-grain-wheat-bread-sounds-healthy-right

http://www.shapefit.com/diet/subway-healthy-fast-food.html

not trying to burst your bubble. It's just that Subway claims to be healthy but it's not quite so healthy
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Dont think of it as a cheat day, think of it as a reward day. Keep it up. I personally like turkey on the whole grain wheat bun with spicy mustard to give it flavor, and much better than mayo..(yuck). And have them load up the veggies. I usually will eat a 12" but I like to eat half first and then save the other have for as long as I can before I eat the second one. That could range from 10 minutes to a few hours....lol

Hahaha :)! Cheat days sounds more fun ;)!
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    really the tuna sub I was really going to get that today - ugh! Thought it was a healthy alternative.

I used to work at Subway lol... you know how much mayo they put in there?!?!?! ALOT!
  • Simonscat
    Options
    Okay Okay I have decided!

My choice tomorrow is

12" Chicken breast on wheat bread with ALL the veggies and sweet onion sauce :)! NO cheese!

Estimated calories: 700....yikes!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Dont think of it as a cheat day, think of it as a reward day. Keep it up. I personally like turkey on the whole grain wheat bun with spicy mustard to give it flavor, and much better than mayo..(yuck). And have them load up the veggies. I usually will eat a 12" but I like to eat half first and then save the other have for as long as I can before I eat the second one. That could range from 10 minutes to a few hours....lol

spicy mustard is the only condiment I use. It's the healthiest condiment choice.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Chicken marinara on 9 grain whole wheat with peppers, onions and olives:love::love:

oops I'm too late:tongue:
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I always get a Veggie Delight on Wheat, add avocado, with mustard, spinach, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, and a few other veggies depending on what I'm getting. AND you better believe I eat the whole 12" thing lol! I also like the subway club with the turkey, ham, and roast beef but I don't like all the sodium. Plus, I loooove avocado so I like using that in place of the meat :) Whatever you order enjoy it!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I get the sweet onion teriyaki chicken sub on wheat with green bell peppers and purple onions. I get the sauce on the side so I can control how much I use. I'm not positive but I think it's about 350 calories. They have a list of calories posted in Subway.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's 350 cal for a 6 inch
  • laboy1
    laboy1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a meal already set up using MFP. Iti s for the 6 in turkey on wheat with lettuce tomato, spinnage, black olives, mozzarella and sweet onion sauce. Add unsweet tea or water and a bag of BBQ Baked Lays for 480 calories. Very good bang for your calorie buck!
  • Simonscat
    Options
    I wish we had the choice of spinach in our Subways...
    I have sandwiches for lunch daily...and I over fill them with spinach.
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    eww. a 12 inch anything from subway is going to have enough sodium for your entire day. watch out.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    eww. a 12 inch anything from subway is going to have enough sodium for your entire day. watch out.
    I actually don't care about sodium...! It's my cheat meal. and it's only for one day. I'm not planning on having another 12"...ever. I need to break my 12" sub virginity :D
  • mariabancs
    Options
    The turkey sub on whole wheat bread with cheese, bacon, veggies (YUM sweet peppers!) and vinegar is my favorite. It actually doesnt break the calorie bank and it is really satisfying. As for being small and being able to eat a whole footlong, I'm with you. I'm 5'2", but when I'm hungy I've been know to down a footlong (could be why I have a few extra pounds on me;). Make sure you ENJOY it, otherwise it is just not worth it.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    It's so easy to eat a 6"....it fills me yeah. But I can sooo eat another 6" because it's good.
    A friend has persuaded me to go to a this place though =\
    http://www.illegaljacks.co.uk/food.html
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I always get roasted chicken breast w/ spinach (no lettuce) and all the veggies...w/ vinager and salt and pepper! its so good.
    and if i wanted to have a cheat day It would be alot worse than subway! LOL
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I plan on having a cheat meal. I will log it and try make it so I am not over by anymore than 200cals.
    I want a subway. Not just a 6" but a 12"! I know I know, how can a small 5`2 person eat a full 12"! But I can :), never tried though.

What should I get?! I'm in the UK so choices maybe different to America.

You can eat subway without going over your calories. Just choose the better options. Go for wheat bread instead of white, don't have cheese, don't use pepperoni, salami, or bacon. Try not to add cheese to your sandwich. Stay away from the oil. Use a light mayo. Use mustard! I always get a footlong ham & turkey on wheat no cheese, w/ veggies, vinegar, light mayonaise, mustard &m spices. Its very delicious. I only eat half, and save the other half for the next day. That sandwich = to 300cals.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I like the BLT but without any dressings and just a small bit of light mayo and some pepper.
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    I think their cheese is kind of tasteless, so I don't waste the calories on it!