food by state

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Just realized what they could/should have put for Colorado - Elk! Elk stew, elk chili, elk jerky -- we've got it all.
  • Crab puff for Delaware??? Really? Kind of strange, but it's seafood so I'll take it! :)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Wyoming should be Busch light.
  • Could someone tell me what Alabama is? I'm at work and it's blocked, of course.

I will venture a guess that it's something fried and gross though. People in Alabama love brown food.
  • Alabama is corn bread...could of been worse! :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Could someone tell me what Alabama is? I'm at work and it's blocked, of course.

I will venture a guess that it's something fried and gross though. People in Alabama love brown food.

It's cornbread!!
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    MO = toasted ravioli. that's some good stuff!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    I'm in IL, but I've never had Chicago style pizza, lol!! I had to giggle at Nevada with the buffet, that's classic!! lol!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Considering Nebraska is the CORNhusker state, it was a no brainer lol.
  • MamaEggMcMuffin
    MamaEggMcMuffin Posts: 26 Member
    I agree with the Chicago style pizza for IL... But would be a close run with an Italian beef and cheese! :)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    I'm Idaho, and yes, we LOVE our potatoes!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Definitely the cheese for WI, and I agree that we need to add a brat, but what about the beer??

Or is that just because I live in Milwaukee--drunkest city?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Utah....seriously they have jello representing a State? How funny! :tongue: I know a few ppl from Utah and have never known them to eat jello:laugh: It must be a secret society thing.:glasses:

Arkansas....Also what the heck is 'jelly pie'? like jelly or pork jelly or something?:sick:

Missouri....Toasted ravioli ...how exactly does that work in the toaster?:tongue:

This has been interesting..
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    For the people who look at Montana and not know what a Rocky Mountain oyster is.....cow nuts! No really.:noway: Gross huh?
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Totally got ND right! Knoeplah Soup is so yummy!!

I completely agree, although I've never seen knoephle spelled that way! Now if only there were a healthier version of knoephle so I could eat it more often. :laugh:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Maine Lobster....well that one was a gimmee....
  • Before looking at the map I couldn't help but think "oh Maine has to be a lobster." I was so right.

My original home (MA) has chowder. Also makes sense.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    For the people who look at Montana and not know what a Rocky Mountain oyster is.....cow nuts! No really.:noway: Gross huh?
    Turkey fries, buffalo fries, all the same thing (well different animals...lol) and yea, ppl eat em' up and it's pretty funny when you think about it but seems it's usually at bars and get togethers where alcohol is involved... so what's that tell you... ya gotta be drunk to eat turkey fries!:laugh: :tongue: :sick:
  • I'm from philly and the cheesesteak DEFINITELY represents my city. idk if it represents the whole state of Pennsylvania though. It's funny because since I don't eat meat I never have the food my city if famous for!
  • lol I kind of feel bad for Utah. Green Jell-O? Really?
This discussion has been closed.