Feeling that burnin sensation?

RockCreak
RockCreak Posts: 30
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok y'all. I went to the gym the other night and though I'd step up my game. So I hop my tail on the treadmill and begin to walk...increased a bit to a fast walk. I was cool with that but felt that I could do a little more... so I began to jog.

Ok that was fine for a while and I said.. I'm gonna do it! I starter to run on the treadmill...Well what the heck I do that for.

The next thing you know it, I felt like I was on fire. Thighs, calves... everything burning.....

How do you all get through that burning sensation....cheese and crackers... help me out!

Replies

• Try doing intervals on the treadmill ... 2 minutes slow - 1 minute fast - 2 minutes slow etc.

Eventually you'll build up those leg muscls to the point you are running the whole time. :)
  • midgetrapper
    midgetrapper Posts: 60 Member
    for me, the elliptical machine is best. as hard as i work, i never seem to be sore the next day.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    embrace the burn and breathe thru it =).
  • mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    The best way is to build a tolerance! You should start out slow, doing mostly walking with 1 minute jogs in between. Eventually you'll notice you can jog continuously after a couple weeks!

I, personally, recommend the elliptical machine if you have one handy. It burns more calories yet causes less foot and knee impact than a treadmill...and on a plus side no matter how long I run I never feel my muscles burning. I love the elliptical!
  • Embrace the burn... I like that. (if I don't pass out first..LOL)

Maybe I will try to "work my way up"
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    "Feeling that burnin sensation? "

Oops, I thought this thread was about STD's.
    Lol just kidding.

But seriously, I feel like that sometimes when I try a new exercise. Probably just our body's reaction to doing something new.
This discussion has been closed.