Another New Girl Here

Options
Hello people, this is the year in which I am going to save my life. :) I currently am the biggest woman I've ever known weighing in at 402.9 lbs. (28.7 stone) as of 30 mins ago. I am starting medical school in the fall, and I will be able to buy cute scrubs by then even if they are in a 2X, but I am no longer going to accept being the 4X/5X even 6X (34-38) girl. It's not right. By the time I get my MD I plan to be at my ultimate goal weight of 190-210 lbs. (13.5 -15 stone). That is more than enough time to reach it, but I have no support system besides my cat, and my computer as I have become a recluse in the last few years and essentially lost all family and friends.
I am an emotional eater. I am also a very emotional woman, and that creates issues. I quit smoking 3 months ago cold turkey, and I've gained a little less than 20 lbs since. I am open to all tips, hints, fixes, ideas, plans, etc. If you're willing to share then I am willing to listen.
I hope this site ends up helping me a bit in achieving my goals. :) Ciao for now.

Lauren

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You will find so much information and support here! Good Luck. You can add me if you want!
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There is tons of support and motivation here for you.
    I too am an emotional eater and have been told that I am overly emotional as a woman.

You seem to be ambitious -- MD is a great goal, very ambitious -- I couldnt do it....so GREAT for you.

You can do this weight loss goal as well. We are all here to help.

Feel free to add me as a freind.
  • CanDOAttitude2011
    Options
    Congrats on making that first step! Good luck! I'm a new girl too deciding enough is enough... You can DO IT!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Welcome I doubt if your the biggest woman here but it doesn't matter we are all in the same boat and don't want any sinking ships. We are here to help you can add me as a friend if you would like Best Wishes
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And congrats on getting into medical school, that is quite an accomplishment!

Be nice to yourself, follow the program, and the weight will come off. I keep "dropping out" and not logging, it is important even if you ate stuff that is high calorie - it lets me know what that dessert or snacking cost me!

You may find that if you reach out to those old friends and family, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I have lost slowly but am taking up some additional exercising to help this year. But I had a net loss last year, I am trying to see my accomplishments instead of my faults.

Good luck!
  • HeyRed954
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! Keep you chin up. I already really like this site and enjoy reading and replying to postings. Many are very informative and inspirational. Congrats on going into the medical field.

I too just joined, I have been way overweight for way too many years. I am 56 and it isn't going to get any easier. I have raised 2 great sons (1 in the Army and 1 in college).

Take care...
  • leti333
    leti333 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren Rose,
    I am also an emotional eater and am working on determining my own happiness. Like you too, I was fighting, or not communicating with my family- adding to my stress and eating and weight gain. I am working on it all- I'd love to share support with you- add me as a friend if you'd like.
    have a great day! One choice at a time!
  • LaurenRose2011
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who's posted for the support. :) I have a good feeling about this site.
  • mom2chase2010
    Options
    Hi!! I too am new here! I think its great and know you can do it!! I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and started my new fitness plan weighing in at my personal heaviest of 240. Ill be your suppport if you need it!! Good luck with med school!!!