Still hungry...

Options
I've been doing well with feeling satisfied after my meals, but NOT TODAY! I made something new for lunch...a can of tuna (water) with some horseradish mayo. I ate this on crackers. I am not a big bread person to start with so this wasn't a big change for me. For some reason today I am still hungry. The only thing I can figure is I changed my breakfast from oatmeal to two slices of toast today. Now I am drinking my water and waiting for at least a half hour to 45 mins to see if I am still hungry. Boy I hope not.

Now I've just rambled for now reason...

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    It happens. Oatmeal is definitely more filling than toast. Also, that time of the month can contribute to increased hunger, as our metabolisms increase a bit around this time.
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm sticking with oatmeal from now on! As my mom always said "it sticks to the ribs"
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ah..yes it is the toast. IF you are going to eat toast instead of nice filling oatmeal..try spreading all natural peanut butter on it. The fat and protein will keep you much fuller..or you can eat the toast with an egg. The trick is...if you eat a startch..pair it with a protein to keep you fuller..and don' t be scared of good fats..even mashed avocado is nice. hope this helps.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    It happens. Oatmeal is definitely more filling than toast. Also, that time of the month can contribute to increased hunger, as our metabolisms increase a bit around this time.
    I just started back on MFP this week. I have been really excited about it. I lost weight and kept most of it off, but I felt it creepin' up, so I knew that my support system here would help and I am ready to do more. But, all this week i have been starving. I did not know what was going on... I was eating protein. I was eating everything that I normally do. And then, T.O.M. arrived this morning and I was like Halleluia! I felt much less defeated!

as for rambling for no reason... your typing, not eating. That is reason enough for me.
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    So, I am happy to report I did not eat anything else!!! I continued drinking my water (85 oz) and chewed a piece of gum. Now I am off to the gym!