Shy Newbie just saying hello

Options
Hi all

My name is Sam I just joined this site a couple weeks ago so far its great it really makes me aware of what im eating before i stuff my face :embarassed: , my goal is to loose 14lbs. I haven't consumed any alcohol since 01/01/11 and that's a real achievement for me as I was drinking every single day, I usually go gym 1 - 2 x pw but since the new year ive been stepping it up to 4x pw. My weakness is sweets, I eat loads of haribo type sweets and im really trying to cut down

It would be nice to hear from others and any tips would also be very helpful :bigsmile:

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    stick with your goals and all will be fine, i had to cut out biscuits and guinness, chuffed with the results so for :)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    hi sam, welcome.......speaking of alcohol, I am like you, kinda, very rarely drink, only for family occasions........Also, wine impairs my judgement when Im out, so if Im in a resturant and have a few glasses, it goes south from there........its safer, youre a smart girl to chose not to drink

Welcome as well, add me as a friend if you want, and vice versa...........Good luck Lloyd
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Giving up the little things is hard but I think with the increased workouts you'll hit your goal in no time at all! Good luck to you! :glasses:
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hi all

My name is Sam I just joined this site a couple weeks ago so far its great it really makes me aware of what im eating before i stuff my face :embarassed: , my goal is to loose 14lbs. I haven't consumed any alcohol since 01/01/11 and that's a real achievement for me as I was drinking every single day, I usually go gym 1 - 2 x pw but since the new year ive been stepping it up to 4x pw. My weakness is sweets, I eat loads of haribo type sweets and im really trying to cut down

It would be nice to hear from others and any tips would also be very helpful :bigsmile:

You sound like me with the alcohol! lol - I have what I call "Beer Friday" now, in which I let myself have two beers. :) Welcome. It sounds like our weightloss goals are similar. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hi all

You sound like me with the alcohol! lol - I have what I call "Beer Friday" now, in which I let myself have two beers. :) Welcome. It sounds like our weightloss goals are similar. I'll send you a friend request.