A healthier me.....

Options
Hi everyone! I am a single mom of a 10 month old baby boy who is everything to me. I am about to turn 30 and have decided that I would like to stay around for a while to see my son grow up so I have started revamping my life. I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and started eating healthier and working out. Been feeling really good and I know this time I will succeed. My goal is 100 lbs. No prob!! Its gonna be rough but I can do it! Any support and/or tips are welcome!! I can use all the help I can get.

Replies

• Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

Great start!, I'm in a similar position, about 100 to lose, maybe a bit more. You seem as determined too so I am sure as each week goes by you will become an even bigger loser!! :tongue:

Good luck and happy hunting!

Ben.
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    that is so great you're looking to improve your life...and i have to say that ditching the gross cigs is awesome!!! you dont need that in your life...so a BIG CONGRATS to you for quitting!!
    100lbs is a lot...but you can totally do it...dont look at it as 1 goal...my advice (and trust me...lots of ppl will give you advice..but you find whats right for you...there is no one right way) is to set mini goals so that the 100lbs doesnt seem so big! set for the first 10lbs and then the next 10...and soon enough you'll be counting down your last 10!!!

best of luck...you can totally do it! know that its a hard road...but stay positive!!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Having quit smoking myself 2 years ago I know how hard that can be. My advice for starters is to forget about losing weight and concentrate on breaking the nicotine additicions (the physical one and the mental one!) Maybe every time you have the urge for a smoke drop and do 10 push-ups or go for a walk with the baby. Be prepared with healthy snacks in the house too! It's hard but you sound resolved. I just kept saying over and over again "Failure is not an option"! Good Luck!
  • melindapipkin
    Options
    congrats on quitting smoking, that is a major accomplishment. yes it will be a long journey but worth it in the end, you can do it, add me as a friend is u want to:smile:
  • Tyzmommie
    Options
    I'm so proud of you for quitting smoking sis! You are doing great! Keep it up and 2011 will be our year to get ourselves healthy!