Posting my Weight?

Options
Ok....so when I started, I guess-timated my weight to be around 320. I didn't have a scale at the time when I started 2 weeks ago. It finally arrived in the mail today and I'm down to 301.......so would you post that as weight loss? OR would you simply reset your starting weight?

What would you do?

Thanks for your input.

Replies

• bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Options
    I just did the same thing - I edited my starting weight since mine was only a week off - but if I were you, I'd look back at your food diary and see how close you matched your goals (over/under) and if you were about on, whatever you set your loss per week at, you can add that to your current weight and say that you started x#s heavier than you are now
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Personally, I would just start from the weight that I knew was accurate.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    me too
  • melindapipkin
    Options
    go with your current weight
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I would too, bummer for not knowing exact amount of loss...but WOO HOO
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I didn't mean to send that yet... woo hoo for weighing less than that what you thought! That always makes me happy!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Yeah I would go with the weight you know is accurate - I had the same problem in that I guessed my weight because I was too scared to stand on the scales! But in the end I mustered up the courage so I edited my initial weight.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    start with the 301 since it is accurate
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I guesstimated too, since I had just been weighed a couple of weeks before I started and when I started, I wasn't at home. I don't think I've really lost 6 whole lbs since I started doing this thing a week and a half ago. But I just put it in. In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter? You didn't weigh yourself when you started, and you can't go back in time and weigh yourself on that day. At some point in time, you weighed that much. That was where you wanted to start from. So what if you didn't start tracking your calories on the same day you weighed that number? The way I see it, you can count it as kind of a bonus. :) You lost 19 lbs without even trying! Yay! :-P
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'd start with 320 :bigsmile: Doesnt really matter that you estimated, the point is that you HAVE LOST SOME!!

Keep motivated! Seeing a loss is a great motivator :wink:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'd start with what you know is accurate or at the very most what you know is accurate plus what you've set your loss to be so if you have it set to 2lb a week it would be 305 with 4lb lost
  • darcyinks
    darcyinks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it would be an ego boost and a boost to your weight loss effort to leave it as is. In your mind you were 320 so stick with it! It will make you feel great when you see how much you've lost!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Do what ever makes you feel better..after all its all about you.....................good luck
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I would probably go back and edit my original weight to be 301 + 4-6 pounds. That way you will feel like you're making progress and being honest with yourself at the same time. I actually had the opposite problem when I started lol. I guess-timated that I was 265 and when I finally got on the scale I was 280 so I had to start over too.
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Can you contact your Dr's office to find out what your last weigh-in was there? I say, if you really feel like you were about 320, then leave it. You probably have lost that much, just not in one week.
  • Yearoftherabbit
    Options
    I decided to not post my weight until I'd given myself a month to diet and get on track. I purchased new scales and on Feb 1st, I'll have my first weigh-in. When I do this, I'll be posting my weight on that date as my current weight and essentially start over.
    I wanted to give myself a chance to get comfortable with my body again and my new routine before I started weighing.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I go with current weight that you have with your scale and go from there :)