Lost 7.1 lbs in week 1 !!!!!!!

Options
jlmnk1313
jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
I am so proud that I lost 7.1 lbs in 7 days!!! I LOVE THIS SITE!!! I have really been able to count my calories and I haven't been over them at all in any of the first week I have been on here! I am also excercising which is an unusual feat for me!!! I am so motivated to continue this!!!!!!!! Can't wait for weigh in next week lol:happy:

Replies

• jjcollins83
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!!! KEEP IT UP
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!
  • mandyshell
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! Keep that momentum up girl!!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thank you and I SO will lol
  • mdaniella
    mdaniella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! :) i cant wait to see how much i will loose at the end of my first week =]
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I love week 1's............:bigsmile:

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Awsome 1st week. Keep up the good work.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep in mind, though - much of that is likely to be water weight, and you should not be surprised or disappointed when your weight loss slows. 1 to 2 lbs per week is a great rate, even for people who have a lot to lose.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks everyone I LOVE the support one this site!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so motivated to continue down this path!!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Yeah I so realize this but i really needed this motivation this week!!!! At least I know something is working! lol I will be just as thrilled with an even 1 to 2 lbs a week!!! I just was blown away this week!!!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep in mind, though - much of that is likely to be water weight, and you should not be surprised or disappointed when your weight loss slows. 1 to 2 lbs per week is a great rate, even for people who have a lot to lose.

I agree...way to go though!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Yeah I so realize this but i really needed this motivation this week!!!! At least I know something is working! lol I will be just as thrilled with an even 1 to 2 lbs a week!!! I just was blown away this week!!!!!

Great start out of the gate. That initial weight loss, even it if is a lot of water, can be a great motivator. Don't forget that feeling! Anytime the scale goes down...it's a win!!

If you haven't done so, take your measurements too. After my weight loss slowed down, I was shocked @ how much the tape measure moved, even when the scale didn't.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    Wonderful job!!
  • bafreund
    Options
    That is amazing!!! GOod job! I have 3 more days til my first weigh in. I Hope I do half as good as you! Congrats!
  • tina15
    tina15 Posts: 23
    Options
    That's great! Keep it going girl.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    I did take my measurements and I refuse to remeasure for a month. 3 weeks left lol I don't want to rush things! And like you said what a great motivator once the weight loss slows!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    You will no doubt! Good Luck
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks I will can't wait for the end of week 2 lol
  • helenamonks
    Options

Week one water loss is great motivation b/c research shows that it only takes 11 days to make or break habits. If you can keep it up for this long it is supposed to come more naturally so you really shouldnt get disappointed after week one anyway! Also make sure to do measurements b/c if you work out you're likely to gain weight and lose fat.
  • emmaloveslife89
    emmaloveslife89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's feels so good when your first half stone is gone! :)

2615229.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!