Please share your home treadmill recommendations here:

lessjess2
lessjess2 Posts: 23
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Here are some of the things that are important to me in a treadmill:
- quick start up
- heart rate programs
- really strong consistent belt, no drag (or pause when a step is made)

Thanks!

Replies

• bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    I'm personally a fan of Nordictrack treadmills... I just bought a new one this past week to replace my old one (of the same brand) which was 18 years old when it finally kicked the bucket.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Well I'm certainly not an expert on this and I should definitely spend a little more time with my own treadmill. But my advice is to look at your price point (what you're willing to spend) and start looking for machines in that range. Read the reviews and go to the stores that carry them so you can try them out personally. When I was shopping for mine I was all about Nordic Track but when I actually got on the one I liked on paper I wasn't very satisfied. I wound up going with a Sole F80 because it had everything I wanted
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Here are some of the things that are important to me in a treadmill:
    - quick start up
    - heart rate programs
    - really strong consistent belt, no drag (or pause when a step is made)

Thanks!

Mine is a Powertrek one, it has 21 programs, inclines 0 to 9 (including halfs), and goes up to a speed of 20kph.

The motor is guaranteed for life, the belt for two years, however, regarding the belt, if you look after it and ma sure it does not dry out (ie stick the silicone gel underneath the belt when it starts to get dry) it can last for years and years. The drag is usually where the belt has gotten loose and needs to be tightened up.

I wanted a treadmill that went quite fast, that way I would not have it going at 100% speed, but it would always have leeway, less chance of any burnout of the motor then.
This discussion has been closed.