trying to eat only 1200 calories is hard...

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
It is hard and alot of work to eat up to 6 times a day and still only eat 1200 calories a day-- and Im heating healthy too I am not wasting my calories

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    It is hard and alot of work to eat up to 6 times a day and still only eat 1200 calories a day-- and Im heating healthy too I am not wasting my calories
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Yeah, I agree it is hard at first, but when your stomach starts getting used to smaller portions you will be shocked at how much easier it gets!

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is tough.

Typically I do:

B: 180
    L: 200
    S: 180
    D: 500
    S: 140
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I *have* to exercise, as eating 1200 calories is just too hard for me!

Usually I try to exercise for a minimum of 250 calories, even if it's just a 30 minute walk, so that I can eat around the 1400 - 1500 mark.

With 1200 calories I felt like I was struggling every day.
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I *have* to exercise, as eating 1200 calories is just too hard for me!

Usually I try to exercise for a minimum of 250 calories, even if it's just a 30 minute walk, so that I can eat around the 1400 - 1500 mark.

With 1200 calories I felt like I was struggling every day.

I agree its a struggle. I am going to start eating some of my exercise calories soon. I have an event coming up, but after that I am going to reassess everything.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Struggle here too, I HAVE to exercise cause 1200 is just too skimpy for me.
  • melissa1176
    melissa1176 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just eat throughout the day, not specifically any meals... just keep w/in the calorie count and i am fine. Is that bad?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Probably not. Just want to be careful that your grazing doesn't go out of control or to not healthy foods.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Probably not. Just want to be careful that your grazing doesn't go out of control or to not healthy foods.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Welp. I think that the others hit the nail on the head, but I wanted to chime in, too. I definitely exercise most days to offset my cals. On the days I don't workout, I try to adhere to my 1200 cal, but it is hard. I'm with Wanderinglight. Just 30 minutes of walking can help (think: give you 100 cals for popcorn at night.) GL....you're gonna get it all worked out.:flowerforyou:

Just read your profile.....NO worries....If you're already working out 4-6days/week, eat your exercise calories. You are not necessarily going to lose faster over the long haul if you are not eating them. We had/have roughly the same amount to lose and I have lost steadily eating my workout cals. Eat up, girl!:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I excercise everyday but I'm trying not to eat my extra calories I do only have 6 weeks to shed this weight. but to eat 6 times a day an meet your 1200 calories and not go over is rough- but I am trying this is something new that i am trying I chose to cut my calories down to 1200 its a little more of a deficit though- plus my workouts I usually burn between 450-700 calories so for a night time treat i will have a 100 calorie pack cupcake and 6oz of 1% milk to feed more calories into me plus dinner usually sets me over so I have to compensate for that as well- Lets see if it will work..

Not to mention the colon cleansing pills :sick: that I am taking have 30 calories in them OMG- so that takes away from my eating calories and I don't drink anything but water.

I sure hope this will work because I am about sick and tired of being at the same weight this is the longest plateau ever since Febuary thats just insane if you ask me- But I am staying focused.

Thanks everyone
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I excercise everyday but I'm trying not to eat my extra calories I do only have 6 weeks to shed this weight. but to eat 6 times a day an meet your 1200 calories and not go over is rough- but I am trying this is something new that i am trying I chose to cut my calories down to 1200 its a little more of a deficit though- plus my workouts I usually burn between 450-700 calories so for a night time treat i will have a 100 calorie pack cupcake and 6oz of 1% milk to feed more calories into me plus dinner usually sets me over so I have to compensate for that as well- Lets see if it will work..

Not to mention the colon cleansing pills :sick: that I am taking have 30 calories in them OMG- so that takes away from my eating calories and I don't drink anything but water.

I sure hope this will work because I am about sick and tired of being at the same weight this is the longest plateau ever since Febuary thats just insane if you ask me- But I am staying focused.

Thanks everyone

If I don't eat my exercise calories, I don't lose anything. Be careful, you may go into another plateau after you lose a couple of "shocker pounds" if you are not eating enough (net calories I mean).
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you only have 20 pounds to lose. I think you should up your calories at least to 1500 or 1600 per day, try to only lose 1 pound a week, get some exercise and eat your exercise calories. If it is too difficult to stay with 1200 you may likely fail more.

So, up those calories for a little bit and let your stomach get used to the calorie intake a little slower.:flowerforyou:
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i get 1200 calories but i workout 5 days a week for an hr so on those days i get 1800..i feel its too much but recently i've been eating all my calories because i made a post about it and someone said they found they lost more weight eating all of them...im trying it for a week..anyway..when i have to eat the 1200 i dont drink...way to many empty calories you wont be satisfied..i eat alot of really low calorie foods for
    breakfast- all whites egg whites 1/4 cup made omlette style with fat free cheddar and salsa(80)
    mid morning- fruit with cream cheese fruit dip (160-200)
    lunch- light english muffin with deli turkey, light mayo tomato (210)
    late afternoon- lettuce, croutons, grated parmesean, wishbone light creamy caesar(72)
    dinner- 4oz ground turkey, prego pasta sauce, 1 cup barilla spagetti noodles, parmesean cheese (350)
    dessert- 100 calorie twix
    late night- baked chips with salsa con queso (200)
    that was mostly guestimates on calorie numbers but pretty close... it adds up to 1212
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    it gets easier.

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch lightly and dinner like a homeless person. =)
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    PS I know it sounds wonky but for me, I find that if I put my foods that have sodium in them at nighttime (for ME), it's better cause I'm more likely to reach for water (ie, with soups). Not extra sodium, just plan it out that way.
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm new to calorie counting and also finding it hard, but I think that discovering this site was one of the best things that's happened to me health-wise, I have done so much exercise to earn myself more calories! I get weighed on Monday so am keeping my fingers crossed :happy:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think you've hit a plateu cause your not getting enough calories in. You really should eat your exercise calories. Just trying to help.

-Adrienne
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you're at a plateau since February, you probably need to eat those exercise calories (or at least 1/2 of them). Your metabolism may have slowed down because you aren't eating enough for the amount of energy you are expending. Keep trying and see if eating some of those calories helps.:smile:
  • Deeders
    Deeders Posts: 17
    Options
    I keep my % of fat intake below 20% (my bmi is 28) and my calories below 2000 - usually I eat about 1100 to 1300 @ 15% and my weight is dropping, I hate to prodcast, but I haven't gotten my exercise routine going regularly - I modified my food diary to meet those specs and keep checking my % of fat throughout the day (fat x 9 / by calories eaten). I had done this diet in the 80's a dropped weight like crazy - but as the kids got older and we went from one sport to another for 10 years, I just went back up - foods are whole, no fake sugars and regular sugar is kept to a minimum. By doing this, foods are larger for 1200 calories (I also keep the soduim down and the fiber up!) averaging 2 pounds a week