Starting Over at 37..

Options
Hey everyone! Today is the first day of the rest of....my NEW life. After losing my job a couple of months ago and becoming a stay-at-home mom until I found a job, I decided it was time to make some major changes. The first thing I decided I HAVE to do is get this extra weight off...I'm so sick of it. The up and down, the lack of will-power, the excuses, the guilt...it all has to go. So, this is the first step in my new journey toward my goal weight! BUT WAIT, there's more....

I figured as long as I was making changes, I might as well make them all at once(ha)! I'm also going back to school to get a new bachelor's degree. Yes, I'm completely crazy! I just decided that being unhappy in my work life was just adding to my weight gain, so I'm taking the plunge and going back full time to work on a bachelor's in business administration with an accounting major. It's my dream and I figure, I might as well go for it now.

So, here's to being thinner, healthier and happier in 2011...can't wait to see how it goes! Looking forward to seeing others' progress as well.

Replies

• ReadyMom
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here! I'm 37 too (well 38 next month) and started back in August. I also have 3 kids! I sent you a friend request. :)
  • wyldmoon
    Options
    I felt the same way just recently, just hit 40 though. Time for changes!! Weight goals, lifestyle goals, job goals!! New year, new, better life I say!!
  • wyldmoon
    Options
    I felt the same way just recently, just hit 40 though. Time for changes!! Weight goals, lifestyle goals, job goals!! New year, new, better life I say!!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to ya! I started over with a new degree a few years back and now I'm doing something that I was meant to do and I'm good at it. It makes a huge difference when you are happy in your work life:) I'm sending a friend request too, we need all the help we can get!