the last pounds are the hardest

Options
Hi,

I decided Jan 1st 2007 that I wanted to lose 17 more pounds, 1 pound per month. By August I lost 8 lbs and was right on track, but then I stalled and didn't lose any more. So I joined myfitnesspal 3 days ago and I think tracking my calories is going to get the job done.

I shop exclusively at Trader Joe's and as a community service I'll be adding all the Trader Joe's food I eat to the database. For you Trader Joe's shoppers keep a look out for it, there are some tasty foods there and it's less expensive than the other grocers (except maybe Costco and Walmart).

Cheers

Replies

• frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    Hi,

I decided Jan 1st 2007 that I wanted to lose 17 more pounds, 1 pound per month. By August I lost 8 lbs and was right on track, but then I stalled and didn't lose any more. So I joined myfitnesspal 3 days ago and I think tracking my calories is going to get the job done.

I shop exclusively at Trader Joe's and as a community service I'll be adding all the Trader Joe's food I eat to the database. For you Trader Joe's shoppers keep a look out for it, there are some tasty foods there and it's less expensive than the other grocers (except maybe Costco and Walmart).

Cheers
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    where is trader joe's based out of? Would there be any in Vermont?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Welcom, frankp...
    I hear ya'...I'm on the tail end of my weightloss (80 lbs and counting) and I'm on the last five...I have really accelerated my weight loss by tracking here. (I've never tracked my food before)

It helps!

I'm from the states but live in Canada, and I miss, miss, miss trader joes.:sad:
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    where is trader joe's based out of? Would there be any in Vermont?

Hi, I'm not sure if they have any in Vermont yet but I just found this locator

http://www.traderjoes.com/imap/advantagecallback.asp?template=map_search
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Frank,

Love Trader Joes - thanks for the info!!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome Frank! I'm sure this will help you to meeting the last few pounds of your goal. Keep us posted on your success.
  • kimford28
    Options
    Hi Frank! I LOVE TRADER JOES! VA has a few:bigsmile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Trader joes has awesome salsa! I love it!
    My wife normally does the shopping so....

(this isn't because of some old-fashion "your the woman" thing)
    she has very specific demands from her food, and I always
    screw it up when I go.:ohwell: So she won't let me go anymore
    unless it's with her.

Pants + Myfamily = Not me :tongue:
  • kimford28
    Options
    HA! too funny Banks!