hopeless

Options
I am feeling really hopeless right now. I got a new scale today and it shows 4lbs higher than my (obviously very inaccurate and hated) old scale did. I need some motivation, more friends and new hope to get me through this. I have been trying so hard and, no matter the reason, that number going significantly up instead of down is taking all the wind out of my sales.

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You can do it. If I can do it anyone can. What have you been doing? You are welcome to add me if you like. I am here to help. I have a lot of friends on here you support and lift me up...time to pay it forward.:flowerforyou:
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? If so muscle weighs more than fat. It could be that you are gaining muscle. Measure yourself: arms, thighs, calves, chest, hips, waist, and neck. If your arms and legs are getting bigger than that is muscle. You are good as long as your waist and hips are getting smaller.
  • webkaiser
    Options
    Add coming your way. Just be patient, the weight will come off. I had the same issue. I had my first weigh in then a week later after working out and stay under my calorie limit, my scale read 6 lbs increase! Talk about a slap in the face.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    All scales are different. Only track your weight on one scale. Another thing you might do is focus on inches instead of the scale. Take your starting measurements of chest, waist, thighs, calves, and arms.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My scale change was 2 pounds higher.. I know it sucks :( I just changed my starting weight up 2 pounds and carried on.
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    Don't lose hope! Look at it this way, now you've got a better,more accurate scale and it'll be even more rewarding knowing that you've lost the weight. I know it doesn't necessarily help with how you are feeling now, but you are doing something good for yourself and you just have to remember that too. I'm here if you need me and please feel free to friend me.
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    And I was thinking of buying a new scale and sending my present one to my husband working at Shemya. Maybe I will send him the new one!
  • boymomthree
    boymomthree Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think we have all been there. You can do this and we all can help! I, too, have a friendly scale and
    it's just a bummer to go to the gym and use that one and the numbers are 4 to 5 lbs more than you
    had thought you were. Here is a tip. It's just a number. Eventually, using any scale, it will go down.
    Don't get so focused on that number that you allow yourself to give up.
  • melindapipkin
    Options
    keep ur head up and stay strong!! add me as a friend and we can motivate each other.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Don't always trust a scale...have you takin' measurements? Pounds will come and go...don't get this down - not like you gain like 10 pounds...its only 4 pounds, it could be water weight or maybe you need to poo...Keep your head up and look forward into tomorrow...don't dwell in the past...Look towards the future set a goal again....perhaps the new scale is wrong???
  • joygwen
    joygwen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm having major struggles with the scale right now myself. I read a blog the other day about this and one of the things she said is this
    ‎"The scale can measure your physical weight but never your worth as a woman. Do you know that? I mean do you know it the second you step on that scale and start calling yourself names you’d never let other people call you?"

I took a sticky note and wrote "Beatuiful" and "Loved by God" on it and covered the numbers. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing but I'm not looking at the scale for at least a week. (I'm one of those neurotic crazy people that weigh daily and I have to stop obsessing or losing 100+lbs is going to be an even LONGER journey.)

I may not be seeing the outward results that I want to yet, fewer lbs, looser clothing, etc but I know that my body is loving the exercise and healthy food I am putting in it so that's my focus for today. One day at a time.