Crohn's Disease and Weight Loss?

Options
You'd think I'd be a stick after having Crohn's Disease for 13 years but that's not the case!

Anyone else have struggles with exercising and weight loss?

I get so wiped out that it's hard to stay motivated !!

I'm looking for others with Crohns or Colitis to be support buddies ! :drinker:

Replies

• kah2682
    kah2682 Posts: 5
    Options
    Kind of going through the same things if you need support I can help because I need it too...my name is Kristen by the way
  • dreamwellali
    Options
    Me too. I've had Crohn's since 1989 - and that was the last time I weighed anywhere near where I was supposed to.

It's not easy, and with all the crazy drugs they give us (don't even get me started about the long-term effects of Prednisone), it's no wonder we're overweight and it simply won't come off.

I find it hard to get enough fiber and can't follow standard dietary guidelines because things like raw fruits and veggies (and even cooked ones most of the time) just cause me problems.

I've recently switched to having a protein/fiber shake in the mornings for breakfast and it's going really well - it's a type of fiber I can tolerate, apparently, and it keeps me hungry. I'm becoming much more "regular" since I started it.

But I just can't seem to lose weight, not even a pound.
  • kah2682
    kah2682 Posts: 5
    Options
    Same here I mean i love how prednisone helped me but it has also hurt me just as bad like now I have Cushing Syndrome and that just cause all sorts of problems. Also I have had 10 blood transfusions in 2 years and I just feel like giving up sometimes...you kno?