I need some help and support

Options
So I have been terrible lately :( It makes me so sad, but I can't seem to resist my cravings! I know it has a lot to do with the fact that I have my period this week...unfortunately you men don't feel our pain :grumble: !!

I need the support to stay on track...I need a good Monday (my weigh day)

Words of encouragement anyone? :flowerforyou:

:heart: Rachel

Replies

• rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So I have been terrible lately :( It makes me so sad, but I can't seem to resist my cravings! I know it has a lot to do with the fact that I have my period this week...unfortunately you men don't feel our pain :grumble: !!

I need the support to stay on track...I need a good Monday (my weigh day)

Words of encouragement anyone? :flowerforyou:

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    (((((rachel)))))))

girl I hear ya...I need to redo some things w/ myself too! its hard to get out of rutts I tell ya!

just try to make healthier choices...like if you NEED chocolate, grab something not so bad, like skim milk w/ chocolate fat free syrup...you'll get full and satisfied even if you think you won't...or chips...then grab some flavored mini rice cakes...they give you the crunch you need and taste really yummy!
    especially like ranch and cheddar flavors...yum!

And just get moving...that gets the feel good hormones kickin' in....

but I'm w/ ya ....lets take this together!

hugs!
    Ali
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh I totally understand. Last week was mine.
    Drink a lot of water (or some liquid....I hate water).
    Don't beat yourself up, cause if you are at all an emotional eater like me....it'll make it way worse.
    Avoid salty foods, water retention.

You can do this, it's one week. :happy:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    ugh. I know what you mean. The last week I have been so naughty......:drinker: :drinker: and lots of piggyness. lord.

:flowerforyou: We will learn to not use food to elevate moods during hard times. Some how, some way!!:flowerforyou:
    M
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Right before my period I felt like I would eat everything in sight. You probably need to up your complex carbs, and probably your calorie intake at this time for a few days. Add a piece of whole-grain toast with 1 T of peanut butter on it for the afternoon; lots of carrots, etc.
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Rachel, I'm going through the same thing, I swear! It must be 'catchin'', as they say 'round here! What I'm finding works for me, is just giving myself permission to screw up for a day or two. 'Cause honestly, hon, you can't fight the hormones. :grumble: But I also find, when I give myself permission, it makes everything easier. Yesterday, I went over my deficit by about 600 calories, and I was bummed for awhile, but then I thought, You know, it's one day. I'm still 400 cal. under my BMR, the sky hasn't fallen... And then I pat myself on the back for what I HAVE accomplished.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you, but I am definitely an emotional eater, and the more down I get on myself, the less likely I am to pull out of it.

Good luck, you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ugh, some months I stay in control and others I go ape *kitten* in the pantry. I once read that there was a study done regarding food cravings during PMS and calcium supplements and I have tried it and had success. The study indicated that increasing your calcium intake (even with supplements) during the PMS can curb cravings. The suggested increase was to double your supplements for the week to two weeks prior to the start of your period. I can't remember the reasoning behind this but I can say I have tried it and the months that I remember to do it (because I, like alot of other women can't find my keys that are in my hand during PMS), it seems to work, and if not completely it calms the cravings down. The months I don't (like this one), I totally fall off the wagon and continue falling down a very steep and bumpy hill!

Now it could be that the awareness of taking the added supplements makes me more aware of my body and what is going on so I am better at staying on track or there could be something else going on, either way, I am taking my calcium for JUNE!!!!! :laugh:

8439.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Sending you positive vibes...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Drink your water... maybe add some herbal tea?
    You're doing so well! You'll get through it...
    :flowerforyou:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Do you have a hard time drinking water? I did. Until I learned that it's easier to drink water at room temp (even though it doesn't taste as good).

Try it.

Dieting is work - it's really a learned skill. You're doing great!!
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i think when you are on your period you should give yourself an extra 300 cals per day. You can use these calories when you get the munchies. When you are felling better you can cut back on your calories to make up for it.
    Thank god i dont have your problem (i went through the menopause at 32)
    Hope this helps you out.

Pamela x

:flowerforyou:
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for ALL your support! This week I ended up staying the same, thank goodness I didn't gain though! I am ready for a new week and some weight loss this coming Monday!