Alcohol!!!!

Options
Tonight is my 22nd Pre birthday party :) (my bday is next tuesday)

What are my safe choices on drinks?

Should i stick with tequila shots all night?

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I stick to vodka & soda or wine. Tequila gives me crazy dreams...not to mention if you start doing shots that's a slippery slope. Citron and Soda is my favorite, but pick a "flavor" that you like and go from there. Pear and Blueberry vodkas are good, but kind of sweet.

A lot of my friends order vodka and water and put a packet of Crystal Light in it.
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like Diet coke and vanilla vodka cause it tastes just like vanilla coke, or rum and diet.... But most of all HAVE FUN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i think you're safe with a light beer like michelob ultra or miller light (100 calories per drink and it'll take you a lil while to drink it). or have a glass or a few of wine (although this is more expensive) or something like rum and diet coke, or vodka and diet. when i go out i drink beer, i hate liquor (BLECH)
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    All depends upon your personal preference I can do liquour,beer or wine. When I go out to a bar type setting I stick with rum on the rocks with a splash of soda water and a lime or just straight liqours. If I don't plan on drinking a lot but enjoying I stick with a light beer in bottle because you know exactly how many ounces you are getting! As for restuarants I get wine expensive but it's so yummy! Happy Birthday!
  • letsdothis68
    Options
    The standard 1.5 ounce serving of 80-proof alcohol has 96 calories even before you add any mixers. A 6-ounce serving of orange juice has 84 calories, but add a shot of alcohol to make it a screwdriver, and the calories more than double.

Calories aren't the only reason to take it easy on alcohol. Not only do cocktails boost calories, they also have a powerful impact on your inhibitions.

"Your resolve can be really strong when you are sober, but after a few drinks, you may find yourself mindlessly overeating the nuts, another slice of pizza, or whatever food is within striking distance. Whether you're drinking a beer or a cosmo, the higher the alcohol content, the higher the calories. * 80-proof vodka (40% alcohol; the most common type) has 64 calories per 1oz
    * 86-proof vodka (43% alcohol) has 70 calories/1 oz
    * 90-proof vodka (45% alcohol) has 73 calories/1 oz
    * 100-proof vodka (50% alcohol) has 82 calories/1 oz

Choose wine, light beer, or simple cocktails made with low-calorie mixers. Just as you might order your salad with dressing on the side, don't be shy about asking for your cocktail your way.

"You can save 100 calories if you have a diet soda as your mixer. Hope this helps and happy Bday!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    try an Americana :)
  • nilisabel
    Options
    try an Americana :)
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I personally would stick to shots or gin and soda so that you aren't getting cals from the mixers. Avoid cider!!!! I had a few last week and it was 800 calories!

Drink lots of water :D
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ADVICE!!!
    I never really drink so I doubt it will take me more than two drinks to loosen up

:)

Thanks y'all!
  • nilisabel
    Options
    and drink a glass of water between each round or you will be sorry! especially if you've been reducing what you normally eat this week. don't go out on an empty stomach and that means eat some pretzels or bread not just veggies and dip. tips from a former bartender!
  • mikaselm
    Options
    If I learned anything in college it is this:

You can drink a LOT and still be ok the next day if you follow this routine:

1. Eat something really fiber-y for supper, like a good low-cal cereal.
    2. Drink, go crazy, have fun, be safe
    3. get ready for bed
    4. Force yourself to drink at least two giant glasses of water, you won't want to at the time, but it'll help a lot.
    5. Set an alarm for about an hour before you have to be up and going, when the alarm goes off, pop a couple of asprin, go back to bed.
    6. Have a nice cold Gatorade or similar drink ready when you get up.

And if you want a splurge, go for a Dirty Girl Scout, tastes just like a thin mint :D
  • mikaselm
    Options
    Also, if there was EVER a time to splurge on calories, it's your 21st. Diets don't have to be 365 days a year. Splurges are ok sometiems.