Chinese Food

Options
Inpjs66
Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
I am a bit nervous about getting on the scale tomorrow. It will be a week tomorrow and I am going to weigh in, but had Chinese food tonight (in moderation) should I wait until Sunday to weigh due to the salt intake?
I measured and was still under my calorie goal by 24 calories.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Nope! You need to be honest with yourself! Its the only way you will learn. If tomorrow is the day you get on the scale, then you get on that scale and you face the truth! If you don't like what it says, well you will know why, and you will learn what you need to do. Its all about honesty! Its the only way to make this a long-term success.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    nah, just do it. you may be pleasantly surprised, I often am.
  • jodygard
    Options
    I say go for it. I bet it doesn't make that much difference anway. and if it does you'll have a bigger weight loss the following week
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    68 lbs? That's wonderful. Congratulations are in order!
    How long did it take you to lose that much?
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    I only had a cup of vegetable lo mein and 4 small boneless ribs, I guess I will weigh in!

Thank you.
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chinese food (anything with lots of sodium) does make me retain water like crazy. I'd still weigh in because you're doing this for the long haul, right? If it stays the same or is up a pound, you'll still know you've made good choices, or not as the case may be. However, if you really think it's going to freak you out if that scale says something you don't like... well, that's up to you. I know I don't get on the scale at the doctors for that reason, I only weigh in on one scale and i tell them what it was. You have to do what you know is best for you in the long run. Good luck!
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    Sodium kills me with retention too, well it has in the past. Especially getting close to that lovely time of the month.
    If my eyes are puffy and fingers a little swollen, I more than likely will not weigh in. If I am feeling pretty close to normal, I will weigh in.

Thank you.