Headaches - What could be causing them?

Options
Hi Folks,

So, I started this about a week ago but just really started sticking to my calorie goals very carefully the past few days. Yesterday and today I have had the worst headache. Headache didn't go away yesterday until I ate dinner. Today, it finally went away when I took a multi vitamin (about twenty minutes later the headache was gone.) However, it has started coming back, now that it has been about three hours. I've already eaten dinner. I eat a pretty varied diet. I've noticed, in the past when I dieted, an orange would help with a headache somewhat. What might it be that I'm missing which would cause a headache like this? In the past I would end up eating a lot when I feel like this and I don't want to do that. Also, I'm drinking lots of water so I don't think it's that. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• CountrySweetheart
    Options
    Have you given up caffeine recently?
  • SerendipityGrace
    Options
    You could be deyhydrated.
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Have you given up caffeine recently?

No, having the same amount I have for quite some time - a cup of coffee in the morning and a mini can of Coca-cola in the afternoon. I really haven't changed what I eat very much, just cut back to stick to the calorie goal.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Decrease in sugar can cause that. To be sure you might want a glucose test done.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    the same thing happened to my husband and I when we started back in August, we both thought it was because we were eating cleaner and drinking tonnes more water and our bodies were detoxing from our old crappy diet! I haven't had them since, but he took 'a break' from MFP over the holidays and since he's started eating healthier, he's experiencing the same headaches. It only seems to happen in the first couple of weeks though??!!!! strange....
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try having a piece of hard candy maybe and see if it helps. But get the glucose test done to be sure you're not diabetic.
  • akalei
    akalei Posts: 34
    Options
    I used to drink a sick amount of pop daily and if I went more tha 24 hours with pop (pepsi/coke) I got severe headaches.
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. Might be the glucose. I noticed when they put me on blood pressure meds during my pregnancy that it made me prone to low blood sugar and I'm still on them. (Getting off them is one of the main reasons I want to lose weight.) I have had my glucose tested twice in the past year and a half and I was told it was perfect, but I suppose that could have changed. However, when I drank my can of mini coke, had a cheese stick and a slice of bread, it didn't really help. it wasn't until I took the prenatal vitamin (I still have some left over) about an hour later that it quickly got better. I'm wondering if it could be potassium or something that I need?