It's after dinner and I still have 1000 calories to eat...

Options
So, I've eaten breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. I burned a little over 600 calories today, and gained 269 calories. MFP says I still have 1181 calories left for the day. I usually have a cup of decaf coffee in the evening to help me wind down, but I don't see the calories getting eaten tonight. I normally don't eat all of my exercise calories anyway just in case there is any computer miscalculation or something. I am stuffed! Any suggestions?

Replies

• zumbaholic
    zumbaholic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just be proud of yourself and call it a night! You don't HAVE to eat those extra calories, at least not every single time. :)
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    share what your eating im starving still. way to go that is great
  • vixincali
    Options
    I'd say don't worry. I doubt that will happen everyday so just go with it. I've only not reached my calorie goal once and I have to say the little message that came up after I closed my Food Diary for the day made me feel good. As long as you feel good and you're not starving I'd say you did good.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't force myself to eat. Call it a day or maybe have something small with protein.
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    I was wondering that very same thing. I've always thought the issue might be that I'm not getting enough calories in and after tracking them today I think I'm right. After dinner I still have over 600 calories left and this is my typical days diet.
  • michellelngstn
    Options
    I never eat my exercise calories...it helps me lose weight faster. I feel like if I eat the exercise calories I'm defeting the purpose.
  • crobertson1916
    Options
    share what your eating im starving still. way to go that is great

Ok, so for breakfast I have two cups of coffee (to get me going) and a bowl of multigrain cheerios (my new addiction) or Special K. For lunch I had a meal replacement smoothie from Tropical Smoothie (only 215 calories) with whey protein. I had a snack before my workout - trail mix. For dinner I had my first ever Kashi Pizza. It was actually very good. Plus, I've been drinking more like 12 glasses of water rather than 8 because I refill my water bottle over and over.

I normally get more veggies in, but it was a crazy day....
  • mariamxo
    Options
    You should be fine, definitely not a good idea to force yourself to eat if you're already stuffed. I don't think having one day of going under your limit will do any harm, you did well today so I wouldn't even worry about it!
  • michellelngstn
    Options
    Suggestion for ya...You said you have 2 cups of coffee in the morning to get you going. Try doing a protein shake in the morning with some oatmeal or something. The protein shake will really wake you up. Your body uses the protein to jump start your metabolism therefore starting your daily natural calorie burn right away and in a more natural, healthy way. Also if you have sugar in your coffee that can hinder your progess. Most of the time we see low fat or low cal items and think they are what is best, however, always remember to look at the amount of sugar that is in the product. Plus, the sugar and the caffeine in/from the coffee spikes your natural insulin amounts and then causes you to crazy/run out of energy later. Just some information that will hopefully help ya in your journey! Good luck!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat when you aren't hungry but if this is a habit for you (being 1000 under every day) it will start to become a problem and you'll have to try to eat more but once in awhile is okay.