Moms that had a c-section (or more)

Options
2»

Replies

• juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Well I had 2 c-section marks but one is from a surgery when I was 20 and the other is from my pregnancy with twins wehn i was 28 (now 34): one horizontal and one vertical, not a pretty belly here! Yuck! The vertical left a very ugly scar. The horizontal one is not so bad. I did not have the pooch until the pregnancy. Based on my mom's experience, she had 3 c-sections but the use the same insiction, the pooch did not go away. She is skinny all over, no stomach at all, but the pooch is there. She has a personal trainner and works out at least 4x a week and always did in her whole life. I think my maybe will get smaller but the streched skin that had felt over and formed the pooch will remain I guess... I accept that, I guess once I loose all my weight this will be the least of my problems, and just a reminder of my lovely pregnancy and its leftovers, lol!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I have no pouch...I'm never going to have a defined stomach but it's flat :) I do workout a lot though (it's my job!) & in fact one of my classes is a hardcore ab class.

Loose skin in general has a lot of factors & the pouch is no different.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections. One in 2005 and one in 2008 which left me with two separate scars. They are both still kinda numb but they don't bother me when I workout. I do have a small pouch and the saggy skin from right below my bellybutton to my incision lines. I know from experience that losing weight just makes that skin saggier. So I'm planning on trading in my two c-sections scars in for a tummy tuck scar next summer (after losing all of my extra weight and keeping it off for 8 months).
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've had three c-sections so...bump.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections in the past 2 years. My youngest is 11 months old. I have lost almost 20 pounds since I started in MFP in October.

I have noticed that the top of my belly, so the area below my breasts to my navel, has gotten flatter. Then I have the hangy-down, stretchmarked, saggy extra skin area that hasn't budged. I have lost 3" off my waist, but none off that hip area that includes the baby belly. I'm hoping that eventually it will shrink when I reach my goal (90lbs lost will make everything smaller, I figure) but I don't expect it to go away. I'd love to get a mini tuck some day, just to get rid of that flabby stuff, but we'll see. From what I've seen and read, that pooch is kind of here to stay, so no super low riders in my future.

The scar does not bother me when I am working out. I have noticed that my muscles are MUCH weaker than they used to be (I used to be able to do crunches for days, now just a few and I'm in serious pain!) and the surgical area is still numb, but other than that no change.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I heard that my medical insurance pays for a tummy tuck if you've had 3 or more c-sections.
    if you have insurance, it would be worth a call to ask. :happy:
  • nkoval
    nkoval Posts: 5
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections both vertical & I notice the same thing. The scar is still numb & my youngest is 3 years old... Can't wait to see if anyone has any ideas to help with this problem.
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I had 3 sections as well and have a pooch. My boys are 14, 8 and 5 years of age. I got this off a topic called Getting Rid of the "Mommy Pouch"

"Sadly - we can't spot reduce fat. I would give anything to dump that tiny bit of back fat that just honestly will not go away. You can tone under any fat in your body (which is absolutely vital!) but the only way to lose fat, is a mix of cardio/weight training and nutritino.

80% nutrition - 10% exercise - 10% genetics

I see people and clients want to do crunches until they're unable to stand, but that won't get rid of belly fat. I've had amazing success by changing my macronutrients to 50% protein / 30% carbs / 20% fat. Almost all humans in our society eat way way way too low protein - women in particular in my experience eat too high carbs and way too low protein.

There are a couple other things that really play into getting rid of the last couple percents of body fat - metabolism, starvation mode, weight training and more, but at least this will get us all started right :)

The biggest thing is to keep going and not allow any plateaus to get you down. Plug away every day and you will get where you want to go!!!!

Steve
    knightfit.com "

For me... I am doing cardio, crunches, reverse cruches, leg and knee raises. I am still trying to lose my weight as well. Good luck to everyone.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    mine does not hurt but iitches sometime. Buy since I had c section my back got weak and I have to be careful,
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    mine does not hurt but iitches sometime. Buy since I had c section my back got weak and I have to be careful,

Mine itches as well.. what I would do is either put baby powder on it or rub deodorant along the scaring.