HELP....I'm new and I don't know what to do?!?!?!? lol

Options
:blushing:
Hello and hope everyone is having a blessed day!! I am a 37yr old mother of 2. I work full time and take care of a disabled family member when I am not at work. Since '04 I have gained a tremendous amount of weight. I am open to any positive feedback about diets......PLEASE?????!! I am looking forward to having the support from my new friends here. To all, the best results!!

Replies

• crobertson1916
    Options
    Hi Dee. What would you like help with?
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    Hey! I'm new here too. Don't worry, just take it slowly. We'll figure this thing out together. I'll send you a friend request. :happy:
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You've come to the right place! Everyone here is awesome and super supportive! You'll love it :heart:
    Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like :smile:

Leslie
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello I wish you and yours all the best. I was wondering if you had tried any diet programs? There are a bunch of people here that do different diet programs that I seen on here. I just count my calories, and work out. Let me know what you want.
  • ThereseSalerno
    Options
    Im new too! I need to lose 30 lbs and want to by the summer. Let me know if you figure anything out.. I dont even know how to request friends on her or anything.. Hope to hear from you soon!
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee,
    Welcome! My name is Marylee and you have joined a great community to help you on your way! Add me as a friend so we can help each other! Where would you like to start? Nutrition? Sneaking in exercise? Emotions.. YOu pick it and I will help as much as possible!
    So ... Get Busy with it!
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started a week ago and lost 2lbs. The key is logging EVERYTHING and staying within your calorie range and of course exercise!!! This site is awesome and you'll find a lot great people and tips. Good Luck
    I'll send a friend request.
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome! I just wanted to share with you what has worked best for me and what I have learned. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Instead of doing a diet, I have slowly started eating more fruits and vegetables and measure everything. Then I plug it into the calorie counter. I ave managed to loose 10 lbs and I still eat the stuff I like. I just eat one serving of it and plug it into my food tracker. Another thing I do is instead of eating meals, I eat a serving of something every 2-3 hours, this way I'm not getting over hungry and I am not overeating. I learned that if you eat protein in the mourning instead of high carb(cereal, bagel, toast) I don't have the cravings for the bad stuff. I also work out at least 45 mins each day. The great thing I learned about this too and this might help you, you don't have to do it all at once. As long as you can reach and maintain your target heart rate for at least ten minutes you are gaining benefits. Other things I do are adding fitness in my everyday life. Park as far away as you can and walk as quickly as you can to wherever you have to go. Choose stairs instead of elevators. I even do squats or side bends while I brush my teeth. Anyway I hope I didn't overwhelm you, just try to pick a few of these ideas and work with them. If you have any questions feel free to message or add me. You've already made a great start by finding MFP.
  • countrydee
    Options
    Thanks to all of you! I need to lose 50- 60 lbs and want to do it without pills> I am determined and so glad I stumbled across this site. I finally see a lil daylight at the end of the tunnel. I eat when I am nervous and depressed or worried so someday's it seems like thats all I do. Hopefully having to keep a log of my intake will encourage me to get busy instead of eat, eat, eat!
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you see the persons picture on a communty board, just click on it. Then it will bring up a screen where you can choose to add them. They will have to confirm your request. Good Luck!