Hiking Rules and so does my BFF!

Options
Ok, so I just got home from a 2 hour hike. I love it! Just me my BFF, and nature. We get to enjoy our suroundings, we solve all the world problems and a few of our own :tongue: , and it kicks my *kitten*! We hike straight up for and hour and a half, then down the trail in 45 mins. I am beat, and floating, I guess on a natural high. I highly recomend this type of exercise, I burned over 800 calories! I get to have almost an entire days worth of meals again! LOL, just kidding.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I just got home from a 2 hour hike. I love it! Just me my BFF, and nature. We get to enjoy our suroundings, we solve all the world problems and a few of our own :tongue: , and it kicks my *kitten*! We hike straight up for and hour and a half, then down the trail in 45 mins. I am beat, and floating, I guess on a natural high. I highly recomend this type of exercise, I burned over 800 calories! I get to have almost an entire days worth of meals again! LOL, just kidding.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I love hiking too!! I just cam back from camp school, and we got to hike Mt. Crauter's in NC so we could practice rappelling and doing rigging up there. This summer I'm working at camp so I get to hike a lot more! :bigsmile:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    And now, you start to understand Em and I's addiction to hiking....

Today Teetse, tomorrow.....THE WORLD!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I would hike if there were anything around here TO hike.

flaaaatlands.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

flaaaatlands.

I have a few ideas....*teehee*

*air five to the gutter gang*
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh I love to hike too!!! ....I mean...its no....NORTH CAROLINA....but come now people...what really can compare?:huh:

:tongue: will I get shunned for that???? hmmm:ohwell:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    oh I love to hike too!!! ....I mean...its no....NORTH CAROLINA....but come now people...what really can compare?:huh:

I LOOOOOVE the carolinas! The pic in my tracker is the top of the mountain..can't see it all, but it was about a 120 ft rappell. 334 Stairs and an extra 1/2 mile of hiking to the top :tongue: Tons of people had to stop and rest on the way up lol...I mean I wasn't jogging it or anything, but I enjoyed it :smile:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

I LOOOOOVE the carolinas! The pic in my tracker is the top of the mountain..can't see it all, but it was about a 120 ft rappell. 334 Stairs and an extra 1/2 mile of hiking to the top :tongue: Tons of people had to stop and rest on the way up lol...I mean I wasn't jogging it or anything, but I enjoyed it :smile:

Grandfather Mountain. I've posted it before and I'll do it again. Like right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_Mountain

Home sweet home. :smile:
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have hiked alot of the 14k's in Colorado when I grew up there. I've done Pikes Peak front and back side to side many times ( I think I've hiked/climbed it 28 times to be exact!) 14 miles each way the front, the back is less but steeper, the sides are longer but not as steep in some parts, with a good climb up a few faces, awesome!

Too bad I moved to cali where its not as fun but its nicer and they have "hills" can't complain!

Hiking is awesome!:drinker:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love to hike, I do it EVERY week. We have lots of beautiful hikes here in the Pacific NW...I feel so lucky that I live in a place where there's the mountains and the ocean on either side of me within an hour or two. :happy:

Anyone out there near Portland that wants a hiking partner...just contact me.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options

flaaaatlands.
    I hear ya girl! I also love to hike but I have a 2 year old and I don't know what to do with him. He's 30 pounds so he's a little to heavy to carry in the backpacker. We have to get a babysitter in order to go. I miss it. :ohwell:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

flaaaatlands.

I have a few ideas....*teehee*

*air five to the gutter gang*

:noway:
  • teetsel4
    Options
    And now, you start to understand Em and I's addiction to hiking....

Today Teetse, tomorrow.....THE WORLD!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Ahhhh! So you've found out my evil plan to take over the world uh?:devil:
  • teetsel4
    Options
    I love to hike, I do it EVERY week. We have lots of beautiful hikes here in the Pacific NW...I feel so lucky that I live in a place where there's the mountains and the ocean on either side of me within an hour or two. :happy:

Anyone out there near Portland that wants a hiking partner...just contact me.

I can't wait to get to Oregon some time and do some hiking. I live in the bay area, and I have to say there is soooooo much to hike! I go 2-3 times a week if I can. It's literally out my back door! How lucky am I?! Even when I go for a run and round this cornner I see the amazing foot hills that suround me. Even though there is a busy road next to me, with my Ipod in it's just me and the amazing place I live. Again, how lucky am I?!:heart:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get to Oregon some time and do some hiking. I live in the bay area, and I have to say there is soooooo much to hike! I go 2-3 times a week if I can. It's literally out my back door! How lucky am I?! Even when I go for a run and round this cornner I see the amazing foot hills that suround me. Even though there is a busy road next to me, with my Ipod in it's just me and the amazing place I live. Again, how lucky am I?!:heart:

I love the high desert area in Oregon! Bend, Redmond, Sisters, Three Finger Jack, Bachelor, etc! Its AWESOME climbing of Mountains, not Hills! Also REALLY like the Grand Tetons! Just takes your breath away at how beautiful it is!