Need to Re-lose 10 pounds

Options
Hi Everyone,

Four years ago, I began a weight loss journey (very successfully) and lost about 70 pounds. I have since regained 20 and lost five of those. I know that I was probably too thin at my lowest point, but I know I'd be happier if I could lose 10 of what I have regained. The holidays, and all of the meals and sweets that go with them are horrible for me. If I don't keep the food in my house, I don't really miss it, but I tend to indulge when it's available.

I just joined this site today as a way to track my walking and eating. That was the key to my weight loss, and I have continued to journal how far I walk and what I eat. What I like about this site is that it calculates the calories eaten and burned both. I am hoping it will push me to lose the 10 pounds I'd like to lose before a couple of family weddings this summer.

I was widowed 10 years ago, and while I've never been thin, I gained a lot of weight after my husband's death from cancer. The 19 months he was ill were incredibly stressful, and while that shouldn't be an excuse, I used it as one. Sometimes I don't even recognize myself in pictures from 5 to 10 years ago, and that is a good thing.

Hope I can provide some motivation for everyone here, and gain some for myself.

K

Replies

• jordan_vakil
    Options
    Good luck! I myself lost some weight, and got away from the sight fopr several months, and with all the holiday feasts, I have gained my weight back. But I am back and ready to get back on my journey. Just track EVERYTHING and you will be fine!
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    BEST of luck!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Death of a spouse is very devastating mine passed in 2006 and I gained146 pounds. Which is what I'm trying to lose now. Good luck with your journey