KILLER Elliptical Workout!!

whittrusty
whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Here is a workout my trainer gave me to intensify my workouts. Just to give you an idea, it took me 60 minutes to do and including cool down, I burned 845 calories, about 150 calories more than I normally would in the same amount of time.
The elliptical resistance levels are based on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the hardest setting the elliptical goes up to. Some elliptical go up to 20 resistance, so in that case you’d have to double each level number for your elliptical.

Warm up – Level 3 – 2 min
Fast Pedal – Level 6 – 2 min
Backwards – Level 7 – 2 min

Jump Rope – 1 min

Fast Pedal – Level 8 – 2 min
Backwards – Level 8 – 2 min

Squat jumps* (touch the floor) – 20 times
Straddle run on bench** – 1 min

Fast Pedal – Level 7 – 1 min
Backwards – Level 7 – 1 min

Side Shuffle (stay low)*** – 2 min

Repeat all (excluding the warm up) twice, for a total of 3 times through.

*How to do a squat jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZZc18uX-q8

** Straddle run is done on a step aerobics step or another step that is 4-6 inches off the floor. Start standing on the step. Step off and to the side with your right foot, then your left foot, and step back on with your right then left foot. Do that as quickly as you can for one minute.

***How to do a side shuffle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_G4qGc2Zdk
Stay as low into a squat as you can while shuffling back and forth

You’ll need to find a space where you can do the things that are not on the elliptical, but other than the side shuffle, you shouldn’t need more than a 4’x4’ space.

Happy working out! :smile:

Replies

• LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Thanks

Bump
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Thanks for sharing this!! I will use it on the days I do not have class!! (Like tomorrow :happy: )
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Awesome, all i have is my elliptical and it gest boring after 30 - 40 mins. thanks!
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Thanks! I'll have to try it out. My workouts usually include a mile on the track (mostly walking but I throw in a couple laps of running) then the Elliptical and weights. I'm burning anywhere from 700-1200 cals a workout.
This discussion has been closed.