Question for those who use HRMs

Options
My HRM consistently says my HR is in the 70s and 80s even though it's a whole lot higher than that. However, the calorie burned by the end of the workout is super high, like it's actually getting my correct HR but not displaying it right? I'm guessing it needs a battery change, but which would that be - the watch or the chest strap?

Replies

• frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Is your HRM set to beats/minute or to could it be set to %of maximum heartrate. I keep mine set to % of maximum.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    All I could think of it that it's set on heart rate percentage too. Otherwise, if it had a problem with picking up your heart rate or the battery was for some reason low, it wouldn't display a normal calorie burn.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it's displaying maximum heartrate rather than bpm. Double check your settings on the watch! It's also a good idea to switch batteries every-so-often (6 months - year... check the manual!). Not all models take a battery in both, but I think most do. Switch them both - batteries are super cheap and you're relying on them working, right? Better to spend the $2 ! :)
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you so much!! I feel like an idiot. I haven't used it in soooo long who knows when or how the settings got changed, but it was on % of max HR. I would never have known to look for that.