1/4 TS baking soda
1/4 TS salt
1/8 TS nutmeg
2 slightly beaten eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed (2 small)
1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup canola oil

Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3 loaf pan. Set aside. In a large blowl combine flour, baking poder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of flour meixture; set aside.

In a medium bowl comine eggs, sugar, banana, apple butter, oil; Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy) Spoon batter into pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 miuntes. Remove from pan, cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.

168 cal, 4g fat, 103mg sodium, 31g carb, 1g fiber, 2g protein

Replies

• gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    1 1/2 cup flour
    1 1/2 TS baking powder
    1/2 TS cinnamon
    1/4 TS baking soda
    1/4 TS salt
    1/8 TS nutmeg
    2 slightly beaten eggs
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed (2 small)
    1/2 cup apple butter
    1/4 cup canola oil

Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3 loaf pan. Set aside. In a large blowl combine flour, baking poder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of flour meixture; set aside.

In a medium bowl comine eggs, sugar, banana, apple butter, oil; Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy) Spoon batter into pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 miuntes. Remove from pan, cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.

168 cal, 4g fat, 103mg sodium, 31g carb, 1g fiber, 2g protein
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:

I was just thinking about looking up a recipe for banana bread and came across your posting.

I am making it tonight...and will have it tomorrow for snack.

Thank you kindly

~Namaste
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Hello...just thought I would give you some feedback on your Apple Butter Banana Bread.

I made it with 1 Cup Spelt Flour and the rest bread flour..and the texture was perfect!

I used the 2 small very ripe bananas but would add a 3rd if I had it next time to increase the
    banana flavor.

The instructions you gave were perfect and my family absolutely loved it!

Thank you soooo much :flowerforyou:

~Namaste
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The recipe sounds SO yummy!! I was just wondering what size of a slice would be considered a 'serving'? I'm hoping to make it soon but want to know how much I can eat. Thanks :happy:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    hmm. you could probably cut down on the salt or even omit it since you have both baking soda and baking powder (common in banana bread recipes).

i HATE adding salt to anything unless i have to.

i almost always omit it from my challah recipes and no one notices. :s or i add a dash when i'm making the yeast mixture.

for a "serving", its about 3/4 inches. that's fairly typical.

that sounds pretty good. the only thing i'm wondering, though - apple butter is high in calories...

the best banana bread i've ever made...well i don't share recipes, sorry (not my best ones) but it had berries in it :D and a crumble topping :D

still, 160 calories...i'm in.

pound cakes and banana breads are also great alternatives for birthday cakes.
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    The apple butter I use is a brand called Kimes...it has 20 calories in a tablespoon.
    It is made from fresh apples...is fat free...has no sugar or sodium added and no preservatives.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    oooh nice :)
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    ps im used to making home made -- definitely loaded with calories!! :)
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    Hello...just thought I would give you some feedback on your Apple Butter Banana Bread.

I made it with 1 Cup Spelt Flour and the rest bread flour..and the texture was perfect!

I used the 2 small very ripe bananas but would add a 3rd if I had it next time to increase the
    banana flavor.

The instructions you gave were perfect and my family absolutely loved it!

Thank you soooo much :flowerforyou:

~Namaste

Glad you liked the bread and thans for the feedback. Anything that mades a recipe healthier or easier is always an welcome. :smile:
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    The recipe sounds SO yummy!! I was just wondering what size of a slice would be considered a 'serving'? I'm hoping to make it soon but want to know how much I can eat. Thanks :happy:
    :tongue: I think a normal serving would to be to cut about 1/2" thick, slice.