Leslie Sansone

Options
Cortx
Cortx Posts: 103 Member
I have almost the complete leslie sansone dvd collection. i was just wondering if anyone else on here does them and how many calories do u think it burns? I got kinda tired of them but i thought of pulling them back out. What would u log it as under calories? You could say walking but u do more then walk in some of the vids!

x

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just put it at brisk walk
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    I was doing them and logged them under aerobics, low impact.
    I only have done the On Demand versions, but I could see where they would get boring. But I use them when I just want cardio and want to give my knee a rest, since they are pretty low impact.

Good luck!:happy:
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! When I first started doing them if it was 20 minute video, I would put maybe 12 minutes walking and 8 minutes aerobics. Now I just enter it all as walking. Hope that helps.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I've got a couple of them and I really like them. Depending on the video I usually log it under aerobics or circuit training (the boot camp DVD I log under circuit training). If I really push myself and add hand weights I can burn 500-700 calories in 45 minutes.
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ILOVE LESLIE SANSONE!!!!I log it according to how long the mile takes. I enjoy the 5 mile workout, so these are 12 minute miles. I think it's classified under a jog in the exercise log.
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    ILOVE LESLIE SANSONE!!!!I log it according to how long the mile takes. I enjoy the 5 mile workout, so these are 12 minute miles. I think it's classified under a jog in the exercise log.

I log it this way too. A 15 minute mile is 4 mph, a 12 minute mile is 5 mph, etc. I absolutely LOVE Leslie Sansone! Great workouts! My current favorite is the Walk Slim 4 fast miles. I've only made it through the 1st two though.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I log it under low-impact aerobics for like 24 minutes b/c I do the 2 miles on her Walk at Home 5 mile dvd.
  • smasucci
    Options
    I love Leslie's DVDs and have many of them. She does all different types: with and without weights, stretchy bands, etc.... I usually log them as a brisk walk, but am convinced some of them are much more aerobic than that. To mix it up, try buying some more DVDs so you dont get bored with the same routine - and remember that muscle has memory- so doing the same routine all the time won't yield the best results.
    Good luck!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I got an HRM for xmas, and I done one of her videos with the stretchie cord. Anyways it was the 3 mile one and I burned 233 cals. Im 193 and 5 6". Hope that helps. MFP can be to generous on the cal burn. I really learn that since I got a HRM. And by the way I didnt use the cord during the workout. Just went through the moves.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I logged it as low impact aerobics. It says aerobics on the box so i log it as such.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Late to the thread but I log them as brisk to very brisk walking. I am 206 5'5 and I tend to burn 500-600 calories but this is only for the 4 fast miles and the 5 mile DVD. I do do the boosts portions as well.
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am copy & pasting from her website:

"The simple answer to “How many calories do we burn per Mile?”
    The Walk without Boosters … approx. 100 calories per mile!
    The Walk with Boosters ….. approx. 125 – 150 calories per mile!"

There's a longer explanation here: http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/calorie-burn-per-mile/
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I love her videos! I have a huge collection of her videos. I log it as 3.5 miles per hour walking. It is my guess. But, I do like mellymink's response. It is good to know. I am going to have to readjust my walking numbers that I already have on my lists.