Stevia

Options
I have read conflicting reports on Stevia...what have you heard? Is it really a natural healthy alternative to refined sugar?

or is it processed, too- where it is even potentially even more dangerous than refined sugar?

Replies

• NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    My doctor is definitely pro-stevia. She has herself suffered from food allergies and that's how she started the whole homeopathic, all natural organic lifestyle. She promotes stevia and I can actually order it straight from her office.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    After reading many, many articles on sugar and sugar substitutes, my decision has been to completely eliminate HFCS and aspertame from my diet. They have no redeeming characteristics. I avoid 'regular' sugar, splenda, and agave because either processing destroys/removes the nutrients or it has been proved a little bit too artificial for me. When I feel a need for a sweetener, I will use Stevia, molassas, honey, maple syrup(natural, minimally processed) or fructose as the best choices. When dieting, sugar and sugar substitutes are not your friend. :grumble: