Carry Over Calories

Options
Is it possible to carry over calories from a few days that are unused for an occassion or is it best just to leave them the way they are.

Replies

• michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Unfortunately, calories don't quite work like cell phone minutes. You won't be able to carry them over, but if you have a special occasion and eat more than you are allotted, you can always work out and burn them that way!
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    I think the aim is to try to get close to your calorie intake each day - if you drop too low then your body can slow its metabolism down and that would have a negative effect.
  • bigmanfaldo
    Options
    OK
    I was on weightwatchers for a few months and if i knew i was going out for a few then i would save the points. But i suppose it is a different system.

Thanks again everybody. Hard Going.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If I forget a meal. I generally don't carry over to another day.. I just regard it as a bonus
    When I over eat.. I just work harder in the gym.. I generally don't over eat but I allow my self on weekends to eat what I want. Without feeling guilty... trust me its the best way to diet.(on weekdays I drop down to 1700 calories a day and burn 500 to 700 in the gym everyday
  • helkip73
    Options
    I've just started a slimming a club and we can save up snacks for the weekend or if you know you have an occasion coming up. This has been the same with any slimming club I've been with and does definately work. Dont save too many though as you dont want to starve yourself. I try and save 1 or 2 snacks a day (which is no more than 240 calories) Hope this helps! Helen :)
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    if its for a few drinks what i would do is do all my exercise that morning after breakfast of course, burn off some extra calories so that i could have the few drinks, have something really low in calories thru out the day and filling, if you have any left then you should prob have some left over with that as well.
    as long as you are logging all your drinks you should be fine,
    plan ahead tho before you go out and work out how many drinks you can have before going out.

drinking and calorie counting can be tough im quite a big drinker so i have laid of it for a while til my bday and have set myself a goal to lose 10lbs before then so i can have a drink when i go out for my birthday as a reward
  • bigmanfaldo
    Options
    OK thanks a few good tips. I like a few pints at weekend so will see how it goes.