Wii boxing calculations exaggeration?

T_William
T_William Posts: 147 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Ive been using my kinect and its calorie tracking on screen for some workout and most the time I do the cardio boxing workouts.

Well having done a 15min workout on the cardio boxing it says I burned around 90cals. so thats what ill put in.
Because there is no kinect/xbox options I put the wii boxing but according to the calculations in the database 15mins of wii boxing = 158 cals burned, this seems very high for a small wii game workout. Even wii bowling says 85cals for 15mins of play, just moving a single arm now and then burns more then a 2mile walk?

Is it just me or does this sound wrong or is the xbox kinect calorie counter under estimate your burn?

Replies

• maxmum
    maxmum Posts: 12
    Yes the Wii cals burned is definately exaggerated! You would find it hard to burn that amount of calories in so short a time if you were doing high impact aerobics!

Possibly put it under aerobics and adjust the mins so that it reads the right number of calories?

I have a kinect too, with the fitness evolved and biggest loser games. Also Dance central which is loads of fun!

Hopefully it will be added as an exercise option to the fitnesspal tracker soon.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Yes the Wii cals burned is definately exaggerated! You would find it hard to burn that amount of calories in so short a time if you were doing high impact aerobics!

Possibly put it under aerobics and adjust the mins so that it reads the right number of calories?

I have a kinect too, with the fitness evolved and biggest loser games. Also Dance central which is loads of fun!

Hopefully it will be added as an exercise option to the fitnesspal tracker soon.
    Would you say the in game calorie counters are fairly accurate? Give or take a few cals of course with the lack of a HBM. Im new to exercise (yes, completely ive been v lazy most my life) lol. Ive no idea what burns what sorta amount of course it will vary on intensity and the persons weight and heart rate etc but average i mean.
This discussion has been closed.