Exercise bike people...

Options
Where do I start? I just done 1 kilometere and I am knackered lol

Replies

• aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    1km is good for a beginner! :D
    i'd say increase your distance before then increasing resistance :)
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That's a good place to start. Rather than distance you might want to consider time. When I started I put on some music and I rode for a verse, rested for a verse, and alternated riding and resting. Also, I didn't push the resistance on the bike I went on the easiest level. It didn't take me long before I was riding 2 verses and resting one then finally, I didn't need to stop to rest. I would do this for 15 minutes to start. If I got out of breath I rested, but I stayed on the bike for the 15 minutes - I just didn't pedal. Believe me it doesn't take long to be able to ride without resting. Just go at your own pace and do what you can. You will be surprised at how fast your body adapts. You can do this. Congrats on your decision to make this change in your life.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Great start! I'd aim to add an extra 0.5 km every week or every other week depending on how many times a week you work out and how you feel after each time
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    I fear I am potentially an idiot... I am not sure what the 1.0 was but I don't think it was a kilometer as it only took me 5minutes...

I have done 3 seperate 5 minutes sessions this afternoon... have 3 to go x