Why did calorie goal change??

ChelleBelle1
ChelleBelle1 Posts: 34 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been using MFP since November and my calorie goal has been 1200 since the beginning. This morning I logged on and my goal is 1420 calories to lose One pound per week (I was set at 1.5 lbs previously). Why did it suddenly change?

Replies

• barowe2
    barowe2 Posts: 1 Member
    Mine changed as well. I was wondering what was up with that. Hope we get an answer. Yesterday it said my goal was 2,450 calories!! It's been 1650 since November as well.
  • Your goal caloric intake is based on your weight loss/week goal. There are roughly 3500 calories in 1 pound. Divide that among 7 days/week and it's 500 calories a day (per pound). Since your goal changed from 1.5 to 1 pound, your caloric intake will indicate that. Roughly 250 calories/day = .5 pounds/week. This is why your caloric intake went up from 1200 to 1420 - since your goal of weight loss changed per week (to go down), your caloric intake on a daily basis will go up to compensate for the "lower" weight loss.

I hope this helps, and good luck!
  • ChelleBelle1
    Thanks Cbowgren. The only thing is that I didn't change my goal, MFP did. I went in and changed it back to 1.5 lbs per week and now I'm back to 1200 calories. Why would it automatically change it?
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Did you log any exercise? That would add calories back to your total.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Gremlins. They did it. :)
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Those pesky gremlins. They keep changing the amount of exercise I am doing. Worked on the ski machine for 15 minutes and they changed it to 70. I wish. LOL
  • ChelleBelle1
    LOL! I didn't log in any exercise. Hey, if the gremlins think I should eat an extra 220 calories a day, who am I to question that? LOL
  • Eidajan
    Eidajan Posts: 36
    Mine changed too - in fact I changed my weight loss goal from 0.5lb/wk to 1lb/wk but my calorie goal went from 1200 to 1320 daily.
This discussion has been closed.