TurboFire and Half-Marathon training

kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have a schedule for doing TurboFire while training for a half marathon? I am registering for the Calgary Half-Marathon on May 29th today and now I need to know how to add it to my TF, I'm in week 5. What do I do?

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Not familiar w/turbo fire, but I am familiar w/half marathon training plans. Most of the ones I have used have 4 days of running and 3 days of XT or rest. Lots of them on the web: I always use runnersworld.com.

Don't know where you are mileage wise for your slow long run (SLR), but my typical plan is 2 shorter runs, one mid range run (for speed work/pace training) and an SLR. A typical week would look like this:

Monday:rest or XT
    Tuesday: 2-3 miles
    Weds:pace - run
    Thurs: rest or XT
    Fri: 2-3 miles'
    Sat: rest or XT
    Sun: SLR

Starting out you could probably do turbofire on the xt and shorter run days. The 2-3 mile runs remain consistent, but the pace run and SLR get progressively longer. To get the most out of my long runs, I take it easy the day before and typically just weight train or do light cardio (cycling or walking vs. HIIT, or some of the other higher intensity stuff that I do).

Hope that helps.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Not familiar w/turbo fire, but I am familiar w/half marathon training plans. Most of the ones I have used have 4 days of running and 3 days of XT or rest. Lots of them on the web: I always use runnersworld.com.

Don't know where you are mileage wise for your slow long run (SLR), but my typical plan is 2 shorter runs, one mid range run (for speed work/pace training) and an SLR. A typical week would look like this:

Monday:rest or XT(cross-train)
    Tuesday: 2-3 miles
    Weds:pace - run
    Thurs: rest or XT
    Fri: 2-3 miles
    Sat: rest or XT
    Sun: SLR

Starting out you could probably do turbofire on the xt and shorter run days. The 2-3 mile runs remain consistent, but the pace run and SLR get progressively longer. To get the most out of my long runs, I take it easy the day before and typically just weight train or do light cardio (cycling or walking vs. HIIT, or some of the other higher intensity stuff that I do).

Hope that helps.
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    There is a great article in the beachbody message board I will give you the link as soon as I find it. I may be for P90X but I will check it out.
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Here is an article written by Steve Edwards an experienced marathon runner who has worked in P90X to marathon training. It is a 6 part article, this the part that pertains to running.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_023.do#article3

I have posted on the TF page to get a schedule, hopefully someone will have it.

Hope this helps.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Here is an article written by Steve Edwards an experienced marathon runner who has worked in P90X to marathon training. It is a 6 part article, this the part that pertains to running.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_023.do#article3

I have posted on the TF page to get a schedule, hopefully someone will have it.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you find it! I think I might replace my longer workouts with running.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    My TurboFire should arrive today... Perhaps it'll have the schedule in it!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Okay, so I don't have the TurboFire and Hal-Marathon Training schedule, but I do have the TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme Hybrid schedule.
This discussion has been closed.