The Water Thing

Options
2»

Replies

• staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    So if you can, go get a case of smart water...not only does it NOT have that strange mineral taste, but it also comes in 33 oz bottles. Drink one bottle of the smart water and then (assuming you work out) fill up the bottle with regular water and while you are working out you won't hardly recognize the taste. Two bottles of this is your daily intake. :) The less bottles you fill up the more you "trick" your mind into thinking it is less than 8 of those smaller bottles.
  • barberella
    Options
    I absolutely hate water too. I can't stand it. I don't care if it's flavored or sparkling..just don't care for it. But now I practically force myself. My office got a water cooler, and I fill up the same 16oz bottle of water every day four times. So, I don't waste money on buying bottled water, and I get my recommended 64oz a day.
  • laurenward1990
    laurenward1990 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    So if you can, go get a case of smart water...not only does it NOT have that strange mineral taste, but it also comes in 33 oz bottles. Drink one bottle of the smart water and then (assuming you work out) fill up the bottle with regular water and while you are working out you won't hardly recognize the taste. Two bottles of this is your daily intake. :) The less bottles you fill up the more you "trick" your mind into thinking it is less than 8 of those smaller bottles.

Seems we don't get smart water in the UK. We have a thing called skinny water, which is meant to aid weight loss! Might look into purchasing some! x
  • mommamo5
    Options
    If you have a smart phone there are apps to remind you to drink your water....sounds silly but it really works for one of my friends.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz mug that I carry to worrk. I try my best to drink at least one before lunch. You would be surprised how fast it goes by just sipping. Then I put ice in it after lunch and sip until bedtime usually. I too agree that going to the potty is annoying, but it's worth it to finally treat my body right! :drinker:
  • aschroyer
    Options
    I have the same problem! I bought myself a container that I love. It helps to always have water with me so I can remind myself to drink it. Make sure its easy to wash cause thats one of my problems, I hate washing complicated dishes.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Bottled water, decaf coffee, decaf tea, crystal light, all good. Maybe put some post-it notes around the house until you get into the habit of drinking. I had one on my bathroom mirror so I saw it first thing in the morning. Got Water? :)
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to remember anymore too. I have a big travel mug that holds two cups so I do it on a schedule. Finish my coffee, fill with water. Finish that by lunch, add more water, finish that by 3, add more water, finish that by 6, add more water. I also have a cup of water first thing in the morning and a cup of orange juice after my shower.
  • kae1211
    Options
    Hi Lauren, I am new to myfitnesspal as well and I have always struggled with my intake of water. I have found that putting sliced lemons in my water bottle has made all the difference. I now drink 1 1/2 litres without an issue but still struggle with the last half litre. Maybe give the lemons a try.:smile: